One Song, One Amp V2! 50+ amps (and more) showcased and compared!

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Hey all,

I've been working on this new series, it's called "One Song, One Amp!" V2 and I'm pretty excited about it. I've done something like this before but this one has more guitars and styles so it will hopefully keep things more interesting... :)

The idea is that I wrote and recorded this song with 8 different guitars and 8 different styles (primarily high-gain) and I reamp this song through ALL my amps. I currently own more than 50 so it will take a while. In the end we will be able to compare all the amps and see how they all sound and respond in this song with its various tones and genres. For some amps, like my more vintage amps, I will need to use pedals to make the most out of them.

Anyway, here's the first one, the ENGL Powerball II! I love this amp. It's versatile so it will set a solid baseline for the amps to follow. The next amp will follow soon in this thread.

Check it out:

Continuing on with this long journey of tone haha! Here's an episode with my Mesa Dual Rectifier:

The amp that never gets old!

This amp is interesting. I'm kind of a completist so I had to get the AD30 for my Orange collection but this amp is quite different from all my other Orange amps. It basically has a very vintage sound and the rectifier tube makes it sound a little bit squishy. I did want to see how versatile this amp really is and the results were interesting indeed:

By far, for me, the best single source amp comparison to date. :cheers:

Keep 'em comin' - really good job.

Also. I'm definitely a Rectifier guy :yes:

Cheers man! I'm currently working on a review for my Single Rectifier. It's a killer sounding amp!

Back