Open Letter to Mark Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUZZboat

HI Mark

seems most players want either your HG/LG Jose or an Aldrich

and since you no longer mod amps that leaves alot of dissapointed people- not to mention the very long wait times

its understandable that modding all those old amps (marshall, sovtek, etc) the quality of all those old aged [boards,parts, iron etc] would cause the mods to sound different from amp to amp which in turn require alot of extra time fixing problems and tweaking
component values which results in "very long wait times"

I talked with you [Mark] a several years back about a Jose Mod and I think you said you preferred the marshall 1959 or 1987 type platform for your Jose Mod - correct ?

I assume most other players who love your 1 of a kind mods as well as myself would happily purchase a marshall 1959/1987 clone from a company like Metroamps if those boards would work for your HG_LG Jose / Aldrich mods

That way you could concentrate on just modding the boards and have someone else do the "heavy lifting" building up the chassis's and sending them to you for final installation and tweaks.

more, the kit amps from Metro would be consistant quality leading to consitent sounding KILLER CAMERONS !! while avoiding the problems of modding old aged amps people have sent you in the past.

I'm sure you have already thought of doing something like this yourself and found problems/pitfalls with this approach that I haven't thought of.

Just wanted to mention it cause Cameron Amp Mods are still the best sounding in the world IMHO ( JB's Cameron clips on netmusicians are proof postive !!! They make all of the other amps sound like 100% crap compared to his Cameron-ed Marshalls)

[I know it'd make about alot of happy players all around the world if they could be playing a Cameron in 2010 ]

wish you well Mark and hope you might consider this option

Fuzzboat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back