Opinions on the Diezel D-Moll?

Last edited:
In the room, you will likely find the D-Moll to be much smoother, polished and filtered sounding that you might suspect. And unfortunately it evaporates in the context of a two guitar band. That was my experience.
This was exactly my experience! very polished, compressed and the moment 2 guitars kicked in.. it was an issue.. it's like whatever you do with the eq you cant cut through. And that was without the midcut... I can't imagine having mid cut engaged and be able to push through the mix with ease.

So u start cranking the master volume and then it's just too much but not in a healthy way...

on the other hand - > Increasing treble/presence and mids ended up with a nasty raspy sound being almost too brittle and sharp and then compensating with low end just made it sound tubby and 'slow under hand' and almost congested. like the preamp starts farting out at one point.
It was very similar to lil fokker and hagen in many ways for me.

What made it sound much much better was a matching diezel cab. With an orange PPC412 and mesa rectifier OS it was just acting weird for some reason.

I dunno 😅.
I visited a guy selling a D-Moll a couple of years ago for a great price, but after playing it, I couldn't gel with the low mid 'bloated fuzziness and saturation'. So I went home without the amp.

And like others said, it has this sort of hi-fi quality to it that would easily get lost in a full band mix.
The Herbert (when I played one in a store on a 4x12 cab) seemed to have more of that Marshall-like 'kerrang' and aggression, which would probably cut through better in a mix.
But in + mode of Channel 2. Channel 3 would be more the 'I wanna sound like a brutal version of Jon Schaeffer at home' tone. 😉🤘

Ok quick question. Did anyone else get this fizzy frequency around 1-2k that just hangs around all the notes on channel 2 and 3.

Overall it sounds really heavy with my EMG81 loaded baritone. I have zero problems with loose low end. It’s tight and chunky. But that fizzy frequency is going to be a deal breaker if that’s part of the design.

Could be that what I heard as 'fuzzy' is your fizzy. 😅

Curious to hear your findings with a less (overly) tight pickup.
Something more middle of the road, tone-wise.
When I had a Schecter C1+ with EMGs, you could drop tune the heck outta it and it would remain tight. I just couldn't gel with the active tone, even after doing a 24V mod.
I prefer the added character of passives.

Could be that what I heard as 'fuzzy' is your fizzy. 😅

Curious to hear your findings with a less (overly) tight pickup.
Something more middle of the road, tone-wise.
When I had a Schecter C1+ with EMGs, you could drop tune the heck outta it and it would remain tight. I just couldn't gel with the active tone, even after doing a 24V mod.
I prefer the added character of passives.
I tried it with my LP loaded with Duncan Distortions. Little more low end, a little more dynamic, less gain. The fizz was coming from a blown speaker in my 4x12 (doh!). Overall I think the D-Moll sounded really good but coming straight from a VH4 it feels like a step back. Coincidentally a Metalhead modded Marshall just popped up which I’ve been on the lookout for years so I sent the D-Moll back today and bought the Marshall. I’m not even sure if it’s right for what I’m going for but they’re rare as hens teeth and I want to try one. If it doesn’t fit I’m 100% getting either a Hagen or Herbert next.

I tried it with my LP loaded with Duncan Distortions. Little more low end, a little more dynamic, less gain. The fizz was coming from a blown speaker in my 4x12 (doh!). Overall I think the D-Moll sounded really good but coming straight from a VH4 it feels like a step back. Coincidentally a Metalhead modded Marshall just popped up which I’ve been on the lookout for years so I sent the D-Moll back today and bought the Marshall. I’m not even sure if it’s right for what I’m going for but they’re rare as hens teeth and I want to try one. If it doesn’t fit I’m 100% getting either a Hagen or Herbert next.
Makes sense...As I mentioned in this thread, it's probably the worst of the Diezel family. At least you gave it a shot, that's how we lean what we like.

Back