ORANGE DARK TERROR!!

Super fun little amp. Pairs well with most speakers and has a decent tonal range. I dug the Tiny Terror a little more though.

I tend to dig a more bright tone. I tried the Dark Terror as a change of pace. Great tone and unique, but not really my style.

I had a stereo setup with two Dual terrors for a while for a while, just for fun. For f'n around doing rock stuff they are great amps. I played through a dark terror a couple times but never pulled the trigger to buy preffered multi wattages and two channels of the duals.

I had one for a while. Ran it through a Port City 1x12. Super fun little amp to play. Great for home practice without blowing your ears off. Very "metal"!

Worst amp I've ever had. Fizzy/Hairy like hell... super loud even on half power. Make sure you try before you buy... so many nicer amps at that price point/power IMO.

I had a tiny terror combo and I loved it. Great classic rock tones and really no bad sounds. It was paired with a great celestion and with pedals could get heavy. Had a very open tone that projected well. I tried a dark terror head and didnt care for it much. I would suggest trying it before you commit. The only reason I sold my combo was my buddy kept bugging me to sell it to him and offered almost new price. I just never got around to buying another one

The Terror is a rock amp, the Dark Terror is a hard rock/metal amp. I hands down preferred the Dark Terror and may have liked it as much as a mini-recto.

I had one
I liked it and it got me to like Orange tones.

Sold it as I decided I wanted something louder like a TH30, but never got it.
For home use, I prefer the Randall RD1 or RD5
I have the RD1 and it's the absolute perfect apartment amp.

Only Orange amp I've ever liked, really different feel and gain from my usual Marshall stuff that made a nice change. Sounds incredibly doomy through the Orange 4x12, just wish it had more watts, They say the TH series has the same voicing, but it sounded different to me. Never tried the Dual Dark which is the big 100 watt version of the Dark Terror.

Back