Ozzy's "The Ultimate Sin" Live w/Pro Video and Audio

Badass as always bud! I always like how you use the guitar from the Era that matches the song
Thanks man. I try to do that as much as possible. Can’t always do it though. Every once in awhile you’ll catch me playing Bark at the Moon on my polka dot Flying V. 😂

Nice playing. Jake definitely had some cool, interesting rhythmic and voicing choices on that album. I would say the guitar tone on the vid is a little bass heavy and needs more ring/jangle to it for that album but it still sounds great. Was he doing a subtle chorus or some kind of detune?

Nice playing. Jake definitely had some cool, interesting rhythmic and voicing choices on that album. I would say the guitar tone on the vid is a little bass heavy and needs more ring/jangle to it for that album but it still sounds great. Was he doing a subtle chorus or some kind of detune?
I don’t go after anybody’s tone on the albums. I kind of take the Zakk and Gus approach and use my own sound for all the material. Just a general hard rock tone for everything... The Sabbath, Randy, Jake, Zakk and Gus era’s. Not sure what Jake used but I’m using a subtle Pitch Detune. +9/-9 ala EVH.

I noticed you step on the board a few times, i.e. right before the first verse starts and before the chorus, that right? And if so, what exactly are you doing there?

During the verse parts I have a little delay going for those arpeggiated chords. Just turning it on and off.
So do you have your base tone, and then turn on and off effects, like a 'normal' pedalboard, or do you change 'scenes' as well that have a lot of different effects in each scene?

So do you have your base tone, and then turn on and off effects, like a 'normal' pedalboard, or do you change 'scenes' as well that have a lot of different effects in each scene?
Scenes. I have 6 scenes setup per preset. I do a preset per song and mostly use 4-5 scenes but a couple have 6. Diary of a madman for instance. Lot of sounds going on in that one.

This has to be one of the toughest cover gigs for a guitar player. Nailing down 3 insanely talented guitarists styles in one set.
Much respect man!! Killing it!!

I listened again through some ear pods. I was thinking your tone was dark... nope. I listened to the real recording and I prefer your tone over Jakes. I hate that crunchy tone he has on that song. 🤣

I listened again through some ear pods. I was thinking your tone was dark... nope. I listened to the real recording and I prefer your tone over Jakes. I hate that crunchy tone he has on that song. 🤣
You!re not wrong. Jake’s a phenomenal player but as much as he seems to be all about the plexi tone chasing his ear isn’t there. Even Badlands, which gets a lot of love is not a great guitar sound. Great tunes and arrangements but a tone that’s just too thin and not rich like an old Marshall can sound. There’s too many 70’s recordings that shit all over it. If only he had cloned Humble Pie’s live tone for that record...lol

get your singer to add some chorus to his voice like ozzy does, and he'll really nail his sound. Hes got the stage moves down.

Back