Papa, can you verify -

FixXxer

Papa -

Can you verify work done on Joeytpg's VH4, to bring it up to the modern specs? Also, what year model did you bring it current to, and how does it differ from the blue face?

Thanks,

FixXxer

Papa, tell fixXxer about the update.

Fixxxer, I know he changed the midi and audio board from one of the emails he sent me.

Joeytpg":3kktqp1t said:
Papa, tell fixXxer about the update.

Fixxxer, I know he changed the midi and audio board from one of the emails he sent me.

Joey thanks bro. Just want to know the specs, and its a deal. :rock:

I´m wondering You guys think to have
to update Your amps. I had a 1998 VH4
yesterday on my workbench and it sounded
great. To update an circuit means not to
sound better in any case.

Because we are silly guitar players that are deaf after so many years of loud playing. We can't hear what sounds better anymore so we take the advice of someone else who says something sounds better.

:LOL: :LOL:

papa, the thing is I'm selling the amp to fixxxer and he wants to verify that you indeed worked on the amp and "updated it" whatever that means to you. :)

I know once the amp came back it had more gain and was a hair tighter and brighter.

Not trying to revive the old VH4 vs new Vh4 thing again.

Peter, if you can validate the work done and timing of the work and what year / spec the amp is up too.

Thanks

FixXxer

Till about 2006 the amps have a darker voicing
which You can compensate mostly by turning
the presence knob up. This amps have also more
compression on the distortion channels.

exactly. The amps sounds brighter a bit more compressed and with more gain. That was basically it.

I sent it to Peter because there was a problem with channel 3, and he updated it. It's now flawless.

Back