Papa Het strings

rottingcorpse

Weird wimpy version of light top/heavy bottoms.
Heavier top,lighter bottom?
But the metal case is kinda cool....I guess.

Last edited:
Looks like they are pretty much just the Paradigm Power Slinky set, but with a 50 for the low E instead of 48.

Who plays Paradigm? $11 a set? Sure.
No shit. I still buy 3-pack and 10-packs of D'addario EXL 10-46, and have for 20 years, (played Ernie Balls prior for 10). I tried some Slinkys again for shits and grins a few months ago, (someone had a 3-pack for $12.99), I couldn't take them off fast enough. I HATE those strings.

I personally love em. Had a single set on my main guitar for an entire year before they started to get crusty :shocked:
Jeezus.. Maybe I should try them. I play about 8 hours a week and change strings twice a month. That's what I somewhat fight with, with strings. But, some people's chemistry just wrecks strings. I'm one of those. But, with the EB Slinkys, I'd be changing those after a couple 2 hour sessions. I find them lifeless too, even before they rust. When I put some on my SG Standard, a month or 2 ago, they even excessively effected my intonation, which shouldn't have been THAT excessive, in addition to feeling rubbery, and like some funky homebrewed fake metal. D'addario's make you work, and respond better to really digging in. Certainly higher tension which I've come accustomed to. I get my heavies with aggressive picking. The EB's feel wimpy, like you're hurting them.. Shit, I ate a Tru-gel that just kicked in and I'm rambling..🤣

Pass. This whole commercial is cringeworthy. I cant stand the tone and obvious money grabbing.

The whole “Papa Het” moniker, alter ego, whatever you want to call it, has got to go. When’d that start, around Load?

blackened_the-black-album_bottleshot-box1_1400x.png

The whole “Papa Het” moniker, alter ego, whatever you want to call it, has got to go. When’d that start, around Load?
I get what you’re saying, but… As far as I know, I’ve never heard him call himself that which leads me to believe those around him gave him the nickname. Endearing nicknames can be cool especially if you’re one of the godfathers of modern metal and the front man of one of the leading bands of all time. And I’m a huge fan and he’s the reason I play guitar. He’s a badass motherfucker. I don’t think I’ll ever call him that, but if his inner circle and crew want to that’s cool with me.

Jeezus.. Maybe I should try them. I play about 8 hours a week and change strings twice a month. That's what I somewhat fight with, with strings. But, some people's chemistry just wrecks strings. I'm one of those. 🤣

Same, my hands sweat like crazy, plus the humidity where I live is always insane. I got in to the habit of wiping down my strings with a dry cloth every time I get done playing and by sticking to this methodology, the Paradigms last a crazy long time for me.

I get what you’re saying, but… As far as I know, I’ve never heard him call himself that which leads me to believe those around him gave him the nickname. Endearing nicknames can be cool especially if you’re one of the godfathers of modern metal and the front man of one of the leading bands of all time. And I’m a huge fan and he’s the reason I play guitar. He’s a badass motherfucker. I don’t think I’ll ever call him that, but if his inner circle and crew want to that’s cool with me.
Definitely an influence for me, as well as Jon Schaffer. Machine gun riffers.

Back