Parts necks - Warmoth vs. Musikraft vs. Mighty Mite vs. ???

mysticaxe

Damn you Vrad - I think I may throw together a parts guitar and am kinda curious about what the quality differences are between the standard neck parters. If it's luck of the draw, then go kinda cheap, if someone makes a better/more stable/easier to do final setup neck, then I'd go that way.

The Mighty Mites look good, and are dirt cheap, but I know they have a plastic nut - so that would have to go...

has to be Musikraft, my strat has the best strat neck ive ever played, plus you get to choose the frets, radius, at no etra cost.

I may have to buy another :doh:

I have built several guitars with Musikraft necks and have been very pleased with their quality, attention to detail and reproduction of my desires for huge (1" deep) soft v tele and strat necks. Plus, you could slug your way out of a bar full of drunk rednecks with one. :gethim:

I just put an all maple San Dimas-type Musikraft neck on my Charvel model 3. I really love it. I also like the customer service over there. I made an error in ordering my neck from Musikraft and was really bummed when it didn't fit right. They had every right to tell me to eat it, but didn't. I'm a fan for life.

BadHorsie":2kyfqz5i said:
I just put an all maple San Dimas-type Musikraft neck on my Charvel model 3. I really love it. I also like the customer service over there. I made an error in ordering my neck from Musikraft and was really bummed when it didn't fit right. They had every right to tell me to eat it, but didn't. I'm a fan for life.

Yeah the dude I talked to when I ordered my neck was real cool. :thumbsup:

Like a duffus, I ordered a 2-3/16 heel width instead of the 2-1/4 I needed. Musikraft failed to drill the rear-mounted countersunk holes on the back for the Floyd nut, and forgot to drill the bolt holes on the heel as I had ordered. Between my mistakes and theirs, they decided to ship me a whole new neck, correct in every way. That goes above and beyond reasonable customer service, in my opinion.

BTW the guitar is all assembled, and it's a dream.

Lots of Musikraft love - which was kinda the direction I was leaning! The $25 for SS frets seems like a pretty good deal to me. Their prices are a little lower to about the same as Warmoth. USACG looks a little more expensive. I'm looking at all maple (deciding on plain vs. birdseye) for a hum/single guitar...

The Musikraft I got is very nice. Very comfortable. Decent fret work. I can't speak for Warmoth or Mighty Mite or USCG. I do however have a Hosono Guitar works parts guitar (the mahogany one) and that thing is top-notch. But they're not around anymore. If you want a San Dimas replica, then go Musikraft.

i plan on building a cheap strat out of all might mite parts this summer. Ill let you know how it goes as far as quality.

Back