Patch bay for pedal board??

maddnotez

Banned
Does anyone make a buffered patch bay besides Friedman?

If not, are there any NON buffered that can mount to a pedal board?

Deciding which pedalboard to get is becoming a pain in the ass. I do not want to spend $600 on a damn board but would like something halfway decent with enough jacks for my rig/loop/foot switch.

Lots of options here (unbuffered). The Gigrig Cinco Cinco is one, I'm sure Loop Master has some options, etc.

I'm new to all of these. Have been researching for a long time as this is my first real board and I finally have the $ where I can pull the trigger soon.

I think maybe I do not need a buffer TBH since I have a buffer in my Koko Boost. I am sure the Friedman may be of higher quality but idk if spending $400 + on a board is a good idea for me.

So I was just looking to see what else is out there. I guess any $40 patch bay would work.

Honestly, I prefer having buffers separate from the patch bay. Any patch bay with quality components will serve the purpose, regardless of price. From there, you can decide if you need/want a buffer. Plus, having the buffer separate means you can change it up as you want when OCD/GAS kicks in and you want to try something new. Having the buffer built into the patch bay means you're stuck with a high dollar, all-in-one solution. Great if you like it, not so great if you like to change things up once in a while.

Do you have a PedalTrain board?

If so, there's this: http://btpa.com/PP-0012-04.html

You can contact them and they'll install the jacks, wire up leads, etc. All you'd have to do is screw it into your board and connect it however you see fit. I've long considered doing this with my PT-Pro board.

This gives you the buffer free setup. You could put a Boss tuner or similar with buffered output in front, or if you want to use a fuzz or other pedal that's buffer sensitive before tuner to avoid buffer issues, both options are available to you. It makes for a clean setup.

dirtyfunkg":1ud0vlax said:
Do you have a PedalTrain board?

If so, there's this: http://btpa.com/PP-0012-04.html

You can contact them and they'll install the jacks, wire up leads, etc. All you'd have to do is screw it into your board and connect it however you see fit. I've long considered doing this with my PT-Pro board.

This gives you the buffer free setup. You could put a Boss tuner or similar with buffered output in front, or if you want to use a fuzz or other pedal that's buffer sensitive before tuner to avoid buffer issues, both options are available to you. It makes for a clean setup.
That's what I use on my PT board. Works nicely. The same website has TRS "thru" connectors that will mount to that bracket as well.

I almost pulled the trigger on Temple Audio boards awhile back, their modular approach is kind of cool. Says here the 4 way patch module is $39.95. https://templeboards.com/pages/modular-end-panels

You aren't alone though. I could not bring myself to spend that kind of money on a Friedman board... I'm sure they are fricken nice to have though.

Best-tronics has some really cool stuff to pimp your board. I recently installed their 10 port interface panel on my PT3.

20170607_162154_zpshbn9vqaa.jpg

20170601_155945_zpsnd6hugm2.jpg

Brad Bartosz from Best-tronics was very helpful and great to deal with.

Martin

Back