Patch cables

petejt

I'm re-wiring my pedalboard so I can use my Gig Rig Pro 14 with it. So unfortunately the normal cheapy patch leads will be too short for this.

I've had bad experiences with Lava Cable solderless cable kits, so am steering clear of them (and asking about this on TGP as I know they'll hound me there like vultures...)

Are there any low price straight-to-right angled patch cables around? Is Planet Waves okay?

I like George ls. I find they work well for me. The only ones I have to redo are ones that get plugged and unplugged often.

I have the PlanetWaves solderless make yer own. My rack get moved, pushed, tossed and banged and never had a cable go bad. Only thing is the ends are a little bulky, so if space is an issue that might be a deal breaker.

phil b":3ezzqmtc said:
I have the PlanetWaves solderless make yer own. My rack get moved, pushed, tossed and banged and never had a cable go bad. Only thing is the ends are a little bulky, so if space is an issue that might be a deal breaker.

Cool man, thanks for that.

GOHOINC":1mtyatf4 said:
I like George ls. I find they work well for me. The only ones I have to redo are ones that get plugged and unplugged often.

Ah okay. I constantly switch around my pedals, so that would be a problem for me.

EBS flat cables sounds awesome, made all my George L cables sound weak in comparison.
Downside, EBS only have angled plugs.

I calculated the individual cost to make a patch cable from those sorts of kits (over $22 a piece...) so it turns out to be cheaper to make my own cables.

Also I found a heap of old guitar cables in the cellar. I'll just cut them up and solder on right-angled plugs with some heat shrink.

phil b":op5fclth said:

This is my take as well.

petejt":2i7ctypp said:
I'm re-wiring my pedalboard so I can use my Gig Rig Pro 14 with it. So unfortunately the normal cheapy patch leads will be too short for this.

I've had bad experiences with Lava Cable solderless cable kits, so am steering clear of them (and asking about this on TGP as I know they'll hound me there like vultures...)

Are there any low price straight-to-right angled patch cables around? Is Planet Waves okay?

I know the Lava mini ELC is a pain to make and short out sometimes, but the soldered version is super reliable and sound great. Overall I like the Tightrope connectors and cable best. They are much easier and reliable than mini ELC and have a fuller sound than the GL's. I'm sure the Evidence Audio Monorail is just as good or better than Lava Tightrope, but I can't see them being too different given the similar cable and connector design.

Adambomb":2flzlahm said:
NoodlerKS":2flzlahm said:
Disaster Area just came out with their own take on the George L's FWIW. http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/disasterplug

Those are rebranded Bestronics solderless kits as are all his cables. Still look pretty cool though.

Was just going to suggest those ... haven't tried them but looks pretty solid. May order a kit just to try:

http://btpa.com/Best-Tronics-Solderless-Kit.html

Best Tronics is by far my favourite cable place to order from and deal with ... great peeps.

Back