patch panel connectors used?

boof

Dave,
what kind of patch panel connector do you use for the speaker outs? i.e
im0000691.jpg

and also for Midi 5 pin femal patch panel conectors?

final question, when making cables for racks is it better to start from the pedals in the tray or from the audio switcher?
What I am getting at is the cables I make for my rack always seem to come out a little shorter or a little longer than I expect and its hard to get a nice clean and tight fit for all the cables. Whats the best way to go about ensureing all the cables end up sitting properly in the rack?
Thanks Boof.

I think Neutrik makes them... I start from the tray. Dave is a virtuoso, just amazing what he knows and can do... He is worth every penny he charges.

Yes they are Neutrik. Go to redco.com the midi part numbers are 5 pin 930953-500 and 7 pin 931351-517 there is a d series plate you get so you can mount them to the panel. The locking panel jack is NJ3FP6C-BAG. Also to wire shelves you make a bunch of cables say 8ft long. Solder the angle end on one side and dress the cables off the shelf. Install the shelf in the rack then dress down the wall of the rack. You then cut the cable to lenght and solder the ends on. Everything comes out perfect then.

Back