Paul Gilbert fans: Lets talk about this live performance, and the spirit behind the song.

Maybe Paul was doing an impersonation of Yngwie’s current playing and not in his prime. He is alittle rusty on his 5 licks.
Like you impersonating a music store owner sending me a (NEW?) Marshall Vintage Modern 4x12 w/ it's grill cloth ripped to shit? And would'nt let me return it. I never forgot, you ripoff mf'r. Hope your business went under, scumbag.

For some reason, I don't listen to a lot of Paul Gilbert. But when I do, it strikes me as maybe the most gifted player ever. He has it all

I have Fuzz Universe. It has alot of cool and original music that on paper, I should love...but I can't bring myself to listen to it on a regular basis

This thread is dumb. If you want to see what makes Paul Gilbert really special (in addition to his original music), watch his interpretations of Pat Travers tunes. Pure magic.

Part of the unique-ness of Yngwie's vibrato is the scalloped board.
That is why I played them for years. Scallops DO NOT make you play faster, but string bending and finger vibrato are effortless on a scalloped board. once you get use to playing a scalloped board it is easy. The the thing is a lot of people want to feel the wood and end up pressing way to hard and go out of tune. I woud always tell people when they played my Yngwie Strats to just play normal. Once they did that most people loved it. Yngwie says it is more difficult to play fast on a scalloped board and I think I agee. Speed it not the befefit of scalloping a fretboard.

Ritchie Blackmore explains why he uses a scalloped board and it is not about speed. It is about bending and vibrato is frictionless also.

Last edited:
Back