Paypal Pending balance.....

Neeklaus

Ok so my ebay auction sold and the buyer payed me thru PP. But the funds have been on hold since he sent them. this is what the paypal site says:

All about payment holds, and what they mean to youPayPal hold policy – what does it mean for you?
PayPal Payment Holds

We're committed to providing you and your customers with a fast and secure payment service while keeping our prices competitive. To keep ourselves on track, we've established a Funds Availability Policy.

We might be throwing some new words at you here, but we promise to explain them in full detail. As part of our Funds Availability Policy, "reserves" may apply to certain accounts. A reserve is a percentage of your payments that’ll be released at a later date. A related term is “payment hold.” A payment hold is a type of reserve in which PayPal holds 100% of the funds received for a specified amount of time.
Payment hold - a longer definition

A payment hold is an amount of money that belongs to you, set aside by PayPal, while we make sure that your customers are satisfied. The funds for payments received are held temporarily as a pending balance in your account, and released at the end of the given hold timeframe. The funds may be released early if PayPal determines that the transaction has been fulfilled and your customers are satisfied.
Why does PayPal hold payments?

PayPal holds payments to ensure that sellers have sufficient funds in their account if, for example, a customer files a dispute. This allows PayPal to provide a fast and secure payment service to you and your customers while keeping our prices competitive.

We know this is a change in the way we do business with you and we hope you understand that, if you incur a payment hold, you haven’t done anything wrong. In deciding whether to apply payment holds, we review many factors including transaction activity, business type, and customer disputes.
Why would PayPal hold my payments?

Payment holds may be applied to all transactions in your account if PayPal perceives a risk associated with your account. Holds may be placed on your account if:

* You’ve been a PayPal member for less than 90 days or a new seller and you have limited selling activity
* You have a high rate of customer disputes
* You’re selling in a high risk category or industry such as, but not limited to, tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or cell phones
* You have a spike in selling activities or begin selling in a category without an established history

If your account is subject to payment holds, PayPal will provide you with notice specifying the terms. The terms may require that the amounts received into your account are held for a certain period of time.

If PayPal places payment holds on your account, the funds will be shown as “pending” in your PayPal balance.
When does PayPal release payment holds?

Payments will be held in a pending balance for a certain time period. For example, if you receive a $100 payment (after fees), the $100 will be held in a pending balance for that amount of time. After then, the money will be available for withdrawal.

The money may be released sooner if:

1. We can confirm that the item was delivered
2. Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items.)

To get access to this money more quickly, please process this order right away and communicate with your customers early and often.
What can I do to avoid payment holds?

* Process your orders right away
* Communicate early and often with your buyers
* Resolve all customer disputes quickly

I’m a new seller. Will payments I receive be held?

If you’re a new seller with PayPal, we may hold your payments until you establish payments history and a record of good performance.
I’m a tenured PayPal seller. Will payments I receive be held?

If you don’t have a record of good performance or have limited selling activity or other indication of potential performance problems, your payments may be held.

So, what the hell do I have to do to get the funds off hold? i've already shipped the item and gotten positive feedback from the buyer!

any help is appreciated!

edit: I'm not sure why everything I was saying had exclamation points behind it....sorry for the screaming. lol

did you enter the tracking information into the paypal account? once the item is delivered if the tracking info has been entered they will automatically remove it. the buyer can also initiate the process or you can just wait the total 21 days. then you gotta wait a few days for it to be transferred to your account. are you a new ebayer? they might make you wait the full 21 the first time.

I f-ing hate paypal but there really isn't an alternative. the fact that they invest your money to make profit while its on hold is complete bullshit to me. when did they ask? just because the yhave enough capital to pay you back as soon as you request it doesn't make it "right" in my eyes. at no point was it EVER their money, it has always been yours!

yup i added the shipping info into paypal. I am in fact new to ebay...only 3 auctions in so far. Boy they don't make it easy to get started do they? oh well...

i sure hope they don't make me wait the 21 days....i need a new fuckin amp lol :LOL: :LOL:

No they dont. Ebay used to be awesome for everyone. now its a buyers market, tons of policies to "protect" the buyer and a**f**k the seller.

How many days has it been? It took about 7 for me, if I remember right though, I got the money released within a day of the buyer giving + feedback.

It sucks, I hate selling thru ebay.

Im sure the other reasons they do this is so you don't get screwed out of your money in a bad transaction... :confused: Also hers another tid bit of info if your using Paypal to print out shipping lables. Paypal will hold the amount of the shipping you pay for 3-4 days so your account will look like you have more money in than you actually do. I found this out when I looked at my account and saw I had $1,150 then the very next day I only had $980.00 when I went and looked to see I saw where they had processed the payment for shipping on items I had shipped three days earlier, glad I didn't pull the trigger on a guitar I was looking at the previous night... I called Paypal and told them that they needed to add a (pending transactions balance) to the account tab... don't know if they will actually do it though.

Neeklaus":19qdm5kz said:
yup i added the shipping info into paypal. I am in fact new to ebay...only 3 auctions in so far. Boy they don't make it easy to get started do they? oh well...

i sure hope they don't make me wait the 21 days....i need a new fuckin amp lol :LOL: :LOL:

Happened to me. Inconvenient, but they'll release funds as soon as they have a confirmation of delivery. I had to contact them to make it happen, it wasn't automatic.

thanks for the info. it's due to be delivered Thursday or Friday so we'll see how that goes.
I may just give them a call this morning and see what I can do...probably not much but it's worth a shot

moltenmetalburn":241za83q said:
No they dont. Ebay used to be awesome for everyone. now its a buyers market, tons of policies to "protect" the buyer and a**f**k the seller.

Of course, until you have a seller try to a**f**k you, you can't really appreciate those protections.

pay fucking pal....... not my friend, held my funds over 3000 g, from nov 22 08 into march of 09. I got positive feedback on everything, sent in the original post confirmation, they gave my wife story after story, oh, it looked like mischeivious behavior, you cahnged your password, then after their bullshit, they released a few hundred dollars at a time, what the fuck???? really, i am so sick of this shit, ups, fedx, paypal, fuck it and the biggest scam ebay, do nothing to protect you, i had 650 stolen and never received a mixer i won, never , never was i able to get any help from paypal or ebay. NOW, its fuckin COD, i get a lot of people who dont want to do it but ya know what, I dont know you, you can fuck me, but I wont let it happen anymore....wanted a vh4 , kept hunting till i found one within a couple hours driving, and picked it up, played it, then paid him. CASH! both parties happy! :rock:

So, the moral of the story In God I trust, Everyone one else Pays CASH! cuz their are fuckin thieves amongst us!

TTripp":n6wito9b said:
moltenmetalburn":n6wito9b said:

Of course, until you have a seller try to a**f**k you, you can't really appreciate those protections.

I have experienced it from both sides. Google Ebay horror stories about sellers doing the right thing and getting screwed. you wont believe what you find. ebay canceling payment yet not having the buyer return items. ebay reputations ruined by deadbeat buyers, who get your product and just lie and keep it. happened to me twice. complete bullshit. they basically told me they wouldn't interfere AND wouldn't do anything to get my money OR fix my tarnished rep.

japetus":n6wito9b said:
PAYPAL = WORLDS LARGEST UNSECURE BANK

THIS TIMES INFINITY!

I recently had a crappy situation where the buyer had the delivered unit, Paypal had my money, and then the buyer claimed the unit was damaged. So everyone has my stuff, except ME! CRAPPPPPPY!!! :doh:
Paypal sucks now. Back to money orders and cashier's checks. :gethim:

Back