Peavey Classic 120/120 power amp

BackCrack

I got this from the original owner last year. He's a drummer, but back in the 90's he wanted to learn guitar. He bought this power amp and the matching Rockmaster preamp new from a store in Oklahoma. He played it for about 2 months and gave up on guitar. Into the closet it went for 20+ years, and then he moved up here to the PNW with all his gear. I've used it less than a couple hours since bringing it home. It still has its original tubes, and they sound great: USA 6L6GC's and hi grade Chinese preamp tubes. The chassis is missing one screw on the side. I didn't even know it was gone until I took the amp out of the case for the pics. This thing weighs a ton (look at those transformers!!), so keep that in mind. The pots may or may not need a little squirt of cleaner because it's been sitting for so long. I just got done test playing it in mono and stereo before typing up this ad, and it's moving air just fine. $600 shipped & PayPal'd.

Ywttgdn.jpg

FSCud31.jpg

IDBXafS.jpg

rAbGaFW.jpg

AzJNbZG.jpg

5aEwX3t.jpg

fJ9dP3d.jpg

HRaFutF.jpg

XThZAww.jpg

i have some of this USA 6L6GC, honestly i like Sovtek 6l6wxt better
Those are great tubes too in the right amp. If I still had an SLO it would get those wafer-base Sovteks but for a Mesa Mk series I like the Sylvanias. These may be too hot for my IIc+ but I like these in BF Fenders too.

Beast of a Power Amp. I went through quite a few pw's back in the day and this was my favorite one. Mine even had the original tubes, which I pilfered when I sold it and later used them in my block 5150 when those originals wore out. Old Hartley was making some legit stuff during this era.

Truly one of if not my favorite power amps but yes...They weigh a shit ton!! lol! I wished all power amps had the Mono/Stereo option like these do. I was gonna grab it for the tubes too but as usual..day late.. :/

Back