Pedalboard builds

ClintN667

Hey guys. Post some pics of your pedalboards! I'm redoing mine but it's always a source of frustration for me. It's never as tidy as I would like so I would like to see some examples. Also if you have any tips for a clean board please pass them on.

I just got a rockboard with the mod 2 add in. I'm hoping to have better results this time. Last thing I really need is a cable snake. I think KSR is going to build a cable with the effects send and return plus the input. Originally I looked at Fat Cables in Poland but they are about 250 for a 12 foot cable.

my current board ...... lol ...... literally just pulled this out of the closet a week ago ... for as many pedals as I have and build .... I'm usually quite fine with 2 or 3 ...
1691535428858.jpeg

You read my mind. Give me a minute. I'm in the process of building a pedal rig! I'll post a pic in a minute because I literally just set it up! Pedal chain will be going into a KSR 50-watt power amp and into an Orange 1x12 for now. I also have a Revv V3 pedal on the way to fill the space LOL.

This is nice. Simple . Clean and I can almost hear it.
Thanks ! I set up one of the SLO pedals to what I think would replicate the crunch chanel and the other to replicate the overdrive channel. It sounds really good and really beefy using the Amped 1

BC2rxcrl.jpg

There are a lot of great options out there. This is the current configuration for the past 8 months I’ve been using live. Unfortunately I have to keep a channel switcher along side of it. At some point I’ll will be adding a RJM PBC/10. It all comes down to how crazy you want to go…
IMG_1014.jpeg

So I have reduced my board down to an h90, noise gate, boost, and wah. Then I have a Hotone Ampero Control footswitch. I'm planning on adding the ksr EX5 to add midi to the Orion. Having said that I may just do a second board for the Orion.

This is my main board, put together by Xact Tone Solutions several years ago. It's a Pedaltrain board with formica on top. I purposely asked them to leave me a bit of "slack" in the wiring so I could change the pedals out easily. For example the the original tuner was replaced, the EP boost is rotated with an MXR/CAE Boost/Buffer for live playing, the Maxon is not in the loop so I've rotated several pedals there. The Vintage Vibe is new so it's not locked down at the moment, it replaced my old vibe. Basically the only pedals that have remained constant are the Ventris, Nemesis, EVH, Wah and Boss ES-5. Pretty flexible for a midi board. All connections are to the left of the Ventris, you can see the label for Input. Made the loom myself with all needed cables.

I'm putting together a non midi board and will let them wire it up when I have finished gathering all the parts. Almost there. It will consist of a Mobius, Kingtone 1968 Vibe, MXR 90, Maxon Auto Filter, PastFX HFF and some other items. Basically deciding between the Nemesis and the Timeline for the delay then I'll finish it up.
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
This is my main board, put together by Xact Tone Solutions several years ago. It's a Pedaltrain board with formica on top. I purposely asked them to leave me a bit of "slack" in the wiring so I could change the pedals out easily. For example the the original tuner was replaced, the EP boost is rotated with an MXR/CAE Boost/Buffer for live playing, the Maxon is not in the loop so I've rotated several pedals there. The Vintage Vibe is new so it's not locked down at the moment, it replaced my old vibe. Basically the only pedals that have remained constant are the Ventris, Nemesis, EVH, Wah and Boss ES-5. Pretty flexible for a midi board. All connections are to the left of the Ventris, you can see the label for Input. Made the loom myself with all needed cables.

I'm putting together a non midi board and will let them wire it up when I have finished gathering all the parts. Almost there. Made the Loom myself, you can see it off to the side. It will consist of a Mobius, Kingtone 1968 Vibe, MXR 90, Maxon Auto Filter, PastFX HFF and some other items. Basically deciding between the Nemesis and the Timeline for the delay then I'll finish it up. View attachment 234641
man that is CLEAN!

Not so clean boards since they are always evolving:

20230809_081648.jpg

I built this one to play in stereo. Mostly play it into cleaner amps and get all the gain from the pedals. Use it for space ambient jams. I've outgrown this board and would like to use some loop switchers (and possibly midi) so this will be moving to a larger board once I make up my mind.

20230406_211923.jpg

This second board I built for more psych/stoner rock. I wanted a board that I could easily use for both mono and stereo. I have so many fuzz pedals it's always evolving. This will be moving to the black board for better routing eventually.

Back