Pete Willis vs. the other guy...

mega dredge happening haha ... The thing that cracks me up about people who bitch about DL post Hysteria is they all say "Leppard needs to make an album like high n dry" .. well given the 2 guitar players who played /wrote that album are both not in the band how would that be possible? with that logic hopefully Kiss do one more album with Tommy and Eric because it will sound exactly like Rock n Roll Over right?

Hysteria sounds lIke a Mutt Lange solo project and Def Leppard just happened to be the session players. It’s sickeningly over processed empty calorie ridden diabetes inducing hyper sweetened happy pop drivel. I’d rather beat myself over the head with Rick Allen’s severed arm than listen to one second of any song from this first Dead Leppard album.

My wife who knows relatively little about rock and music from this era hears something from High and Dry and says " that sounds like AC DC". The old stuff rocks hard. Phil brings ok solos and does the new age mom rock sound well. But the old stuff has aged better. I hate the sound of the drums on Pyromania.

Hysteria sounds lIke a Mutt Lange solo project and Def Leppard just happened to be the session players. It’s sickeningly over processed empty calorie ridden diabetes inducing hyper sweetened happy pop drivel. I’d rather beat myself over the head with Rick Allen’s severed arm than listen to one second of any song from this first Dead Leppard album.
Loved that description. So good. I don't mind some of the tunes but they really are pop tunes. ' light rock" easily listening shit.

Hysteria came out when I was a junior and it is a decent album but nothing compared to the others. To be honest I think alot of the feel and tone were due to Rick losing his arm and having to use electronic drums.

My wife who knows relatively little about rock and music from this era hears something from High and Dry and says " that sounds like AC DC". The old stuff rocks hard. Phil brings ok solos and does the new age mom rock sound well. But the old stuff has aged better. I hate the sound of the drums on Pyromania.
I hate them too! I was listening to Rock Of Ages the other day and actually got angry about how bad the drums are. Some genius, that Mutt Lange. Especially irritating is that it's Rick's last two arm drum album. And on that song, I think it's mostly a poorly programmed Linn drum machine.

Back