phase 90 R28 mod ftw!

shreder75

I didn't take off the two caps..just R28..but it sounds sooo much better...sweep isn't as crazy dramatic as it was..curious to see how it compares to the EVH in script mode..which I can do on saturday...got a buddy or two comin' over to ruin some more hearing =D

I shall bring my BF2 for that hollow LeTekro tone... you shall be impressed... or not.
I just put in bid on a phase 90. :D

Vrad":fl8grqry said:
I shall bring my BF2 for that hollow LeTekro tone... you shall be impressed... or not.

oh you dirty whore!!! hehehe...an M101?

shreder75":prd6rh8u said:
Vrad":prd6rh8u said:

Yup. Explained the whole thing to the wife... said, this would make a nice inexpensive Christmas present... she said go for it.

Vrad":c48ik8jb said:
shreder75":c48ik8jb said:
Vrad":c48ik8jb said:

Yup. Explained the whole thing to the wife... said, this would make a nice inexpensive Christmas present... she said go for it.

hehe..if that's the case I've been buying myself X-mas presents for the past month or so on the sly..lol

FourT6and2":24dmye9y said:
Details on the mod?

the main part of the mod is to remove the 'R28' resistor....I just clipped one of the legs off and lifted it up so it wouldn't make contact..the result is a more script like sweep for the phase....it's not as extreme and noisy as it is stock..

this guy goes a couple steps further by taking out two caps and adjusting the trim as well....I haven't done that..yet =) we'll see..i'm going to compare it to an EVH flange with script mode on and see if I need to go further with it..here's the linkification:

http://www.erikhansen.net/mxrphase90mods.php

shreder75":37i8kkhd said:
JakeAC5253":37i8kkhd said:
Told you you'd like it.

it's like a new pedal...I didn't take out C11 and C12 though....dunno what that does or if it's even worthit?

Smooths it out a bit. The resistor makes it less present, and the caps smooth it out supposedly. Looking at the schematic I really don't see how they do much of anything. IIRC, they are both responsible for high pass filters in relatively inaudible ranges of the spectrum.

JakeAC5253":1rlaqjer said:
shreder75":1rlaqjer said:
JakeAC5253":1rlaqjer said:
Told you you'd like it.

it's like a new pedal...I didn't take out C11 and C12 though....dunno what that does or if it's even worthit?

Smooths it out a bit. The resistor makes it less present, and the caps smooth it out supposedly. Looking at the schematic I really don't see how they do much of anything. IIRC, they are both responsible for high pass filters in relatively inaudible ranges of the spectrum.

I'll probably leave it be..I don't know if I want to mess with the trim pot or not either....

Back