Planet of the Vapes and other cool stuff ....

  • Thread starter Thread starter griff10672
  • Start date Start date
griff10672

griff10672

Well-known member
Hot off the Bench on a Sunday !

We have the highly requested Rusty Trombone ..... based off the Mutron V Envelope Filter

my rendition of the Maxon DS830 Distortion

a clone of the T. Jauernig Bombastortion ...... Skeleton Chief Graphic with LED's for eyes that light up as you play

The toilet paper roll is actually a modded Bixonic Expandora ...... this pedal is SICK/NUTZ ..... if you like the RAT at all ...... you need a Expandora .... it's basically a twin engine RAT that just slays .... you can go from Spitty Thick Fuzz like tones .... to very impressive Distortion tones .... to outright fantastic Overdrive tones ....

Last but not least is the @Techdeth inspired " Planet of the Vapes " for this I put a Tube Screamer on Steroids modded the hell out of it .... and then added more bells and whistles ..... hardly close to a Tube Screamer now ...

you have a clipping toggle that has two very unique options on it ( including diodes that are used in the KOT )

a blend knob to blend the OD signal with the clean and I also added one of my favorite mods to an OD .... the Freq rotory pot ... that let's you beef things up ... or thin things out

the clipping toggle has a center off position ... so you can take the clipping section out of the circuit .... and it becomes a " clean " boost ...... also has a charge pump so it runs at 18 volts off of a regular 9 volt supply

as usual anything I post is available to order
 

Attachments

  • 1000005756.jpg
    1000005756.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 1000005759.jpg
    1000005759.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 66
  • 1000005757.jpg
    1000005757.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 1000005758.jpg
    1000005758.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 1000005761.jpg
    1000005761.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
This is a KILLER assortment on pedals you’ve got there, the “Planet of the Vapes” has me very interested.

Is Techdeth going to do any clips of this pedal?

I’d love to hear it .
 
This is a KILLER assortment on pedals you’ve got there, the “Planet of the Vapes” has me very interested.

Is Techdeth going to do any clips of this pedal?

I’d love to hear it .
If I had the time to whip up demos on top of all the designing and building .... I surely would .... I look at it as a totally new hobby ..... one I have no time for what so ever . Fortunately .... you guys keep me busy enough without demos .... but that doesn't help the fact you just can't simply hear them ..

I am in the midst of hopefully working with a well known forumite regarding this issue though ..... I'm finishing up a last batch of new stuff coming in the next few weeks ... then I'm going to ship him a bunch of stuff to have his way with .... and most likely some decent demo vids will be be created ...

or I could quit my day job and start producing my own ..... but then who's going to cover my Tab at the Dispensary ?
 
I’m really liking the idea of the Rusty Trombone. Love me some MuTron.
I love envelope filters ...... this one is a shit ton of fun !!
Does techdeth get fritos instead of bit o honey's with his order?
He didn't order anything ...... it was inspired by him .... not officially a Sig Pedal
Dude this is so cool !
Dude that’s awesome af
I forgot to add that the clipping toggle has a center off position ... so you can take the clipping section out of the circuit .... and it becomes a " clean " boost ...... also has a charge pump that bumps the incoming 9 volts to 18 ...
 
So the “Planet of the Vapes” is essentially a Hot Rodded better made and better sounding Landgraff DO on steroids?

PLEASE say yes !!!!!
 
So the “Planet of the Vapes” is essentially a Hot Rodded better made and better sounding Landgraff DO on steroids?

PLEASE say yes !!!!!
it's very close to a Landgraff DO ..... but to be real honest .... I make like 20 pedals that are ... the Landgraff DO is a basic modded 808 ...
what the Landgraff has that's awesome is the enclosures .... the internals are nothing special circuit wise ... the clipping features are almost identical to the POTV except I'm using KOT type diodes instead of the common 1N4148's... and I run a Zener and a LED .... instead of two LED's ... the non clipping function is identical

The POTV kind of started as a JHS Moonshine circuit ..... if you're looking for anything to relate it to
 
I really wanna try that potty pedal you got there. We might have to add that to the list.
 
I really wanna try that potty pedal you got there. We might have to add that to the list.
that one you see ..... just sold . But I'm doing an enclosure order as we speak .... I can add one for you Bezo
 
it's very close to a Landgraff DO ..... but to be real honest .... I make like 20 pedals that are ... the Landgraff DO is a basic modded 808 ...
what the Landgraff has that's awesome is the enclosures .... the internals are nothing special circuit wise ... the clipping features are almost identical to the POTV except I'm using KOT type diodes instead of the common 1N4148's... and I run a Zener and a LED .... instead of two LED's ... the non clipping function is identical

The POTV kind of started as a JHS Moonshine circuit ..... if you're looking for anything to relate it to

Thanks Griff I’m very interested in the POTV.

I’m also glad it is running internally at 18v.

By the way, what is the POTV going to sell for?
 
Thanks Griff I’m very interested in the POTV.

I’m also glad it is running internally at 18v.

By the way, what is the POTV going to sell for?
I just got done.trying it out on my board ..... its awesome if I don't say so myself ...

The POTV is 165.00 shipped
 
I just got done.trying it out on my board ..... its awesome if I don't say so myself ...

The POTV is 165.00 shipped

That’s a pretty good price.

I listened to some JHS Moonshine clips on YT, and I was pretty impressed with the tones.

If the POTV is a better version of the MS, then it must sound awesome.
 
I love envelope filters ...... this one is a shit ton of fun !!

He didn't order anything ...... it was inspired by him .... not officially a Sig Pedal


I forgot to add that the clipping toggle has a center off position ... so you can take the clipping section out of the circuit .... and it becomes a " clean " boost ...... also has a charge pump that bumps the incoming 9 volts to 18 ...
Susan cool
 

Similar threads

Back
Top