Preamp tubes in the MOD50 head help. WHich is the 12AT7?

Telefied

Hey Guys

I PM'd Jarrett this question but I figure it may help others too so I made a diagram and brought it to it's own thread. Here is the deal when I got my MOD50 used the little stickers that I hear are supposed to be next to each preamp tube socket are gone. Meaning I have no idea which of the three tubes is supposed to be the 12AT7. Unfortunatly it looks like all the tubes in the head are 12AX7 So I want to put new tubes in the right wat but have no guide. The MOD50 manual does not have info on the prem tubes in the head.

Here is a chart of the head. Can you tell me whcih tube socket is the 12AT7 (choose 1,2,3 I have them numbered).

Thanks
Ross
Untitled-1.jpg

I had this same ? I 've been using 12AX7s in all positions and it sounds great,it did have a microphonic 12AT7 but only after I realized what tube was micro,I noticed it was the 12AT7,by then I didn't remember what spot it was in :no:

#2 is the 12AT7. Really a 12AX7 or 12AT7 will perform pretty much identically. The 12AT7 technically lowers the impedance of the effects send but, in real life, it does not make any difference. If you were trying to connect an effect that had a very low input impedance, you may notice some level difference. The only effects you may run into with a low input impedance might be some old gear that had balanced 600 inputs. Very unlikely anyone is really doing that. Use either tube type.

Egnater

thanks guys, oh and bruce I have a 7025 in spot 3 is the recommended or will any ole 12ae7 work fine?

thanks again
ross

Back