Pretty disturbing.... PSA

Emg77

I just listed my house for sell. I google searched the address to look to see if it was active, yet. While scrolling through the search I noticed my name and an old home phone number being broadcasted in the search window. I clicked on the link and it took me to a website called Newber. I was astounded at how much of my personnel information it contained. My phone numbers, address's, known family members, places of employment and even the names of my neighbors! From what Ive gathered is this company has taken it upon them selves to compile information on people and put it up for anyone to find. It was quite disturbing. I dont necessarily have anything to hide but I think of situations where this could be quite dangerous. Consider stalkers, or someone looking to cause harm to some one etc...

At any rate they do offer an opt out. I would be curios to find out if anyone else has similar results in searching your address, name etc. to what the results are.

Newber is the name of the website.

I found this as well. It's insane. Zero ways to remove it. When one company removes it, another one pops up with it.

What are you guys talking about? PSA…Is this just in the USA?
PSA is the name of my prostate blood test…

Last edited:
247230712_557072818887387_5109228800938868708_n(1).jpg

70`s chicks if you werent there you missed out

I just listed my house for sell. I google searched the address to look to see if it was active, yet. While scrolling through the search I noticed my name and an old home phone number being broadcasted in the search window. I clicked on the link and it took me to a website called Newber. I was astounded at how much of my personnel information it contained. My phone numbers, address's, known family members, places of employment and even the names of my neighbors! From what Ive gathered is this company has taken it upon them selves to compile information on people and put it up for anyone to find. It was quite disturbing. I dont necessarily have anything to hide but I think of situations where this could be quite dangerous. Consider stalkers, or someone looking to cause harm to some one etc...

At any rate they do offer an opt out. I would be curios to find out if anyone else has similar results in searching your address, name etc. to what the results are.

Newber is the name of the website.

But if you want it removed you have to pay them, right?

Back