Price check : 1972 Marshall 1960B empty

DragonCrestPC

Have an empty 1972 Marshall 1960B and was curious on the value. It used to be gtrwun's but it's been sitting in my studio since i acquired some 71 1960B's

Attachments

• 20231014_112750.jpg
    20231014_112750.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
I’ve seen them go anywhere from $400 to $1000 in my area. I probably would t pay more than $500 for one personally though.

Location would also play a role, ie. a proximity to larger cities like LA, Tampa, New York, Atlanta, Seattle, etc, could equate to an easier sale, and a higher asking price. Whereas, a more remote location that someone had to travel to for pick up, could possibly bring down the price a little......unless you have a shipping account.

Not sure on the value, but if that cab popped up locally to me, I would pay $500 right now. Agreed on the area that you are in could get more fairly quickly.

Have an empty 1972 Marshall 1960B and was curious on the value. It used to be gtrwun's but it's been sitting in my studio since i acquired some 71 1960B's
Value will depend on overall condition of the cabinet. Taking very detailed pix of the entire cab including the bottom and interior will help you and an interested buyer to determine if there's any damage to the joinery, possible cracked baffle board, missing t-nuts/speaker mounting screws, if handles, casters & their posts are intact and original etc. Water damage/mold can be an issue with some of those old cabs.

My pricing skills aren't any good because I'd generally be willing to pay more for any guitar or amp/cab if it already smells like cigs when I get to check it out. A lot of people cry about smoked gear but I like it.

Back