Price check...value of a Mesa Tremoverb?

It’s great amp but I wouldn’t pay much more than $1K for the combo. Less than. I had an immaculate one from 2000 that I only got $800 for. Great amp, but no one wants to move a stupidly heavy 100 lb combo these days.

The combos may be the steal of the Recto line if they're selling for under $1000.

Can get a headshell made for not much more than what you can get by selling the pair of Mesa V30s from the combo cab.

Yeah but it happens to be part of the market that covers gear that I can buy when it's not within an hour of my house. The price of an amp in Houston is not helpful to most people if the seller isn't going to ship it.
I find many folks are willing to ship, if you ask. Probably not that combo though. I used to ship 2x12 combos, but not anymore. Shipping costs have become ridiculous.

The combos may be the steal of the Recto line if they're selling for under $1000.

Can get a headshell made for not much more than what you can get by selling the pair of Mesa V30s from the combo cab.
Where can you have a headshell made? I asked Mesa to do one for my .50 Cal + combo. They said it would take 8 weeks and cost $650.
That's more than the amp was worth before all this Gibson stuff.

I find many folks are willing to ship, if you ask. Probably not that combo though. I used to ship 2x12 combos, but not anymore. Shipping costs have become ridiculous.

Where can you have a headshell made? I asked Mesa to do one for my .50 Cal + combo. They said it would take 8 weeks and cost $650.
That's more than the amp was worth before all this Gibson stuff.
Mesa recently told me flat out "no" when I asked for a headshell. I'm having Mather make one now. Hopefully turns out well. It was a few hundred bucks, but the Celestion T4416 speakers from the combo are worth a decent amount too if you sell and recoup the cost.

Mesa recently told me flat out "no" when I asked for a headshell. I'm having Mather make one now. Hopefully turns out well. It was a few hundred bucks, but the Celestion T4416 speakers from the combo are worth a decent amount too if you sell and recoup the cost.
I've heard good things about Mather. I had a Mojave cab that had "Mather" stamped on the inside, and it was one of the stoutest built cabs I've had.

Back