Pro Spam yay or nay?

Should dealers and/or builders be able to spam their wares on rig-talk?

• Yes

Votes: 46 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...and burn them at the stake!

• Yes...if only to let Ed have a place to spam THD

• Total voters

degenaro

used_car_salesman.jpg

What's it gonna take to get you into this shiny new pack of picks...

I only voted Yes cause I am seeing you next month and don't want my ass whopped.

I don't care if venders spam IF.........

They add value to the board.
They stand behind their product.
They know when to say when and not flood the board.
They make Scotty an official beta tester and send him free crap.

It is a good idea as long as good standing members can get a slight discount or some perk like a T Shirt etc.... I'm not talking someone who posts 10 times then tries to get a good deal.
These forums tend to be a very good advertisement for many products....

For example.....I would have never bought a Flexi 50 if it wasn't for you Ed...:D

But it is a great platform to introduce new products and get good feedback. And I think the builders/dealers can weed out the ass clowns for themselves.
But it could also backfire if a builder gets too involved in online conversations.....

It would benefit a new guy a lot more than an established manufacturer....

JMHO

Steve

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......I have a Fretless CD and a DVD of some dude playing the Knit and I can't seem to remember how I heard about them :?

I somehow wound up in NYC to see these cats play as well.....oh yeah....at the Knit :LOL:

PLaying with ya Ed............easy :)

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":3d38e said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......I have a Fretless CD and a DVD of some dude playing the Knit and I can't seem to remember how I heard about them :?

I somehow wound up in NYC to see these cats play as well.....oh yeah....at the Knit :LOL:

PLaying with ya Ed............easy :)
I'd like to think that is more Ed the persopn, than Ed the THD sales dude related...

>|<>QBB<
degenaro":f195d said:
>|<>QBB<
I'd like to think that is more Ed the persopn, than Ed the THD sales dude related...

I am not getting bonus points towards a Bi-Valve???

I wish we had more time to talk gear and hang last time Ed.......see ya next month and I am bringing the Sykes wide vibrato :D

Sure...

as long as they monitor their forums, and provide support as needed...

If everyone plays fair it could prove to be quite beneficial to everybody.

I don't see any problem with it... I think you guys that have tact should be able to do it, as long as we weed out the PR-Mikes of the world... which we need to do out of general principle in my opinion. :)

I'm for it.

I'm for it because there hasn't been anyone abusing the system thus far. If it were to get to the point where half of the front page was dealer/manufacturer spam, then I'd be really turned off by it...

Is this about V Picks? If so, I was sort of interested in buying a few, could you tell me more about them and how they compare to Jazz IIIs?

>|<>QBB<
jem7vwh":a79a9 said:
Is this about V Picks? If so, I was sort of interested in buying a few, could you tell me more about them and how they compare to Jazz IIIs?
How could it...Vinnie doesn't post here does he?
How do they compare, I don't know that I'd compare them, But after using Jazz IIs for like 20 some years I switched to them since I prefer how they glide across the strings and how they sound.

if by pro you mean guys like peter diezel or brent guiterezz, then yes. basically like they said above- honest guys that have accountability for the product

if it's any old guitar center salesman or some regular old spam that i get in my inbox every .12 seconds then hell no.

I think it's a good thing. The candor on this board will keep the spammers honest, facilitate good pricing, and promote good quality interactions

hey guys. in Q1 2007 i will be launching cerberus guitars. at first i'll be selling them rondo style, and i plan on giving out a rigtalk discount and developing an exclusive rig talk model :)

and by Q1 i mean soon!

I'm ok with it as long as it doesn't get out of hand. If the main page has too much spam (how much is too much though, 25%?) then it should go to a spam forum.

Back