Problem Solved, Amp Shutting Down After 40 Mins & Standby

Pain

I am posting this in case someone else is desperate like I was to have this solved quickly.

I had an issue where when the amp was on for around 40 to 45 minutes or more and then you put it on stand by, when you came back and turned off standby the amp would not make a sound. It would need around 20 to 30 minutes of cool down to fire backup and make a sound. This turned into a bigger issue were then the amp would shut down on its own after about 40 minutes of playing and you'd see 3 of the preamp tubes not lite up. You would be playing and then the sound would gradually fade away like you turned the standby on while playing.

In case anyone ever has an issue like this there is a solution and a tech who knows how to fix it here in the USA (it was very affordable). His name is Mike Rubano out of Chicago Illinois and I suspect Engl will put him on their website as a tech that knows how to fix their amps in the right way. I've been playing for a long time and have many amps and must say the techs at Engl along with Mike are a great combo. Mike had it nailed down within minutes after Martin gave me his opinion on where to have Mike start looking. While Mike was in there he fixed some other issues and it's been money, 1- 2 hour sessions and no issues.

My Invader 2 is back and my live work horse once again, thanks to everyone at Engl for replying back and helping out. :rock:

Back