PRS/Bogner = the 21st century Gibson/Marshall

I would say a PRS into a Rectifier is the new standard. Or at least it was in the whole "nu-metal" era from late nineties to mid 2000's.

No. I'd say Gibsons are still way more popular than PRS and most people who don't play guitar have never even heard of Bogner. Bogner/PRS do not have the status and name recognition of Marshall and Gibson and can't be viewed in the same manner.

JonVengeance":mtimb7wj said:
No. I'd say Gibsons are still way more popular than PRS and most people who don't play guitar have never even heard of Bogner. Bogner/PRS do not have the status and name recognition of Marshall and Gibson and can't be viewed in the same manner.

Well we are only 10 years into the 21st century. How many people heard of Gibson in 1910? :D

A local dude was carrying PRS for awhile and had a hard time selling them (including the SE lines). They just don't carry the brand recognition that Fender and Gibson (and to a lesser extent, Jackson and Ibanez) have.

It was PRS/Mesa for awhile. The story (as I understand it) is that one of the labels struck up a deal with PRS and Mesa. Most of the bands they were signing had shitty gear that wasn't road worthy, so the label would buy the guitars/amps factory direct, thus why every pop-punk band suddenly had a PRS/Mesa on stage.

The PRS/Mesa trend seems to have died off with Pop-Punk and Nu-Metal.

I don't think Bogner is on the average person's radar. If it weren't for the internet no one outside of the major music scenes would even know they existed.

IndyWS6":3rjjufpn said:
If you don't play Gibson and Marshall......... You're a Wanker! :LOL: :LOL:

Agreed! :thumbsup:
LP066a.jpg

some dude":116zx4sq said:
They just don't carry the brand recognition that Fender and Gibson (and to a lesser extent, Jackson and Ibanez) have.
PRS is the number 3 guitar builder behind Fender and Gibby, so they definitely have the same if not more recognition than Jackson and Ibanez.

glassjaw7":3ertbqyk said:
some dude":3ertbqyk said:
They just don't carry the brand recognition that Fender and Gibson (and to a lesser extent, Jackson and Ibanez) have.
PRS is the number 3 guitar builder behind Fender and Gibby, so they definitely have the same if not more recognition than Jackson and Ibanez.

Number 3 in what?

Cause it ain't sales.

mrhiwatt":p3u0ij2b said:
Gibson started building guitars in 1894 in Kalamazoo MI. SO lots of people in 1910 new of them.

MrHiwatt

I'm guessing it was a lot less than have heard of PRS in the quarter century that they've have been around. :yes:

DEWD":2wa89cnb said:
mrhiwatt":2wa89cnb said:
Gibson started building guitars in 1894 in Kalamazoo MI. SO lots of people in 1910 new of them.

MrHiwatt

I'm guessing it was a lot less than have heard of PRS in the quarter century that they've have been around. :yes:
Probably... But in 1910 it took 11 days for news to get from New York to London and in 1985 it took about 270ms :D (OK, a little bit of exaggeration, but you get my point)

Back