PSA: Bugera 1960 $229!

Mesa\Kramer

Just pulled the trigger........ :rock:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie ... r-amp-head

bugera_1960_890.jpg

"3 ECC83's for terrifying punch and mind blowing gain" :LOL: :LOL: What happened to the infinium stuff with the stock one wire mod?

Anyone know much about their reliability? My amp doctor refuses to even work on Bugera's. I had a couple nearby that were great deals that I walked away from because of fear of repair problems.

my understanding is that GC/MF dropped Bugera due to stocking and payment issues? weird, maybe they sorted that out?

(if you weren't aware Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, and various other companies all use the same stock)

JustinG60":2cv3gh4m said:
my understanding is that GC/MF dropped Bugera due to stocking and payment issues? weird, maybe they sorted that out?

(if you weren't aware Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, and various other companies all use the same stock)

Although this is usually true, GC.com no longer carries Bugera products. Only mf.com has them.

Woa. I might buy that 6262 just because.

Which ones the best for brutal metal tones? It's been a while since I listened to any of them.

oldschoolhero":2dky5b72 said:
Anyone know much about their reliability? My amp doctor refuses to even work on Bugera's. I had a couple nearby that were great deals that I walked away from because of fear of repair problems.

From what I've heard they're good to go.

Your amp doctor has a complex.

When they first came out they were hazardous. I played a brand new one at a shop and within 15 minutes it popped, smelled funky and stopped working.

However that was a long time ago and they've since had better amps from what I hear.

My buddy has one and no issues for years.

Grabbed a 6260. Just for shits and giggles. Should get here sometime?? :LOL: :LOL:
for couple hundred bucks its the same as a pedal. ;)

Yep. For a clean pedal platform...a 1960 is as cheap as they come.

I'm thinking about building a cheap rig around it.

GCB95
One of those Little Bear Rat clones from ebay
Biyang delay

Now all I need is a cheap nasty fuzz...and maybe a Bad Monkey.

I've thought about one of the Bugera amps for quite some time but was just afraid of them but at this price I may buy one just for the hell of it and if it catches fire maybe I'll have some marshmallows handy...lol

For the price of a half decent pedal. I just have no need right now but $230 bucks...trying to come up with a reason to buy it.

Thats a crazy price for sure... if I were in the states i would be all over this... exchange rate is bending us canadians over right now.

Back