PSA..Grail amp available

Skolphy

Picked up my tube power amp from the guru today and saw the Mesa logo over in the corner.
Turns out....MK III Green Stripe in fantastic condition..has the graphic EQ...simulclass...and.....has the Mesa 4x12 half open cab with original Black Shadows on top and V30s on the bottom.

Anyone interested let me know...will put you in touch. Located bout an hour outside of Chi-town in Indiana.

Picked up my tube power amp from the guru today and saw the Mesa logo over in the corner.
Turns out....MK III Green Stripe in fantastic condition..has the graphic EQ...simulclass...and.....has the Mesa 4x12 half open cab with original Black Shadows on top and V30s on the bottom.

Anyone interested let me know...will put you in touch. Located bout an hour outside of Chi-town in Indiana.
Where in Indiana and how much?

If anyone is interested I'll be there Saturday to try it out. I can take some phone vids if ya wanna hear it.

4K for a MK3 and a cab…. When will this nonsense stop?
I'll sell you my Purple Stripe half stack for 3000 ..........
1711118721277.jpeg

I have the III .....and the V .... and a studio Pre ..... I've never played a II or a IV ....... and I remember wanting a IV bad back in the day .....

I have the III .....and the V .... and a studio Pre ..... I've never played a II or a IV ....... and I remember wanting a IV bad back in the day .....
I used to have a Quad and a V. Good stuff. The V actually made an awesome power amp for the quad. A lot of the voicing selections on the V affect the power section. Extreme makes any Pre nice and fat. Have you ever cranked up CH 1 clean? It cops a very good plexi like tone. You’ll need an attenuator or use the 10 watt setting. Max the pre, get the treble up there, bass to taste, CH volume at 2-3 O’Clock and amp Master up to at least 10, 11 O’Clock. It might be better with 34’s in it.

I used to have a Quad and a V. Good stuff. The V actually made an awesome power amp for the quad. A lot of the voicing selections on the V affect the power section. Extreme makes any Pre nice and fat. Have you ever cranked up CH 1 clean? It cops a very good plexi like tone. You’ll need an attenuator or use the 10 watt setting. Max the pre, get the treble up there, bass to taste, CH volume at 2-3 O’Clock and amp Master up to at least 10, 11 O’Clock. It might be better with 34’s in it.
I've gotten some good results cranking the clean channel on the 10 watt mode ...... cool stuff !!

I've gotten some good results cranking the clean channel on the 10 watt mode ...... cool stuff !!
It’s what I like a lot about some Boogie amps. They can have a lot of tweaking options and seem very “modern’ but they have the heart of vintage flavored amps when you set them right.

4K for a MK3 and a cab…. When will this nonsense stop?
I’ve never been a great fan of mark III’s anyway. To me they’ll always be barely worth the $800 they used to go for. I would much rather have a 2B or a IV.
Nonsense? It's vintage gear bro. IIC+'s are getting more scarce and pricier. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean its shit.

If James Hetfield came out today and said "PSYCH!! It was MKIII's all along we were using", everyone would be in a frenzy and prices on them would match the IIC+. Sheeple are a fun crowd.

Nonsense? It's vintage gear bro. IIC+'s are getting more scarce and pricier. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean its shit.

If James Hetfield came out today and said "PSYCH!! It was MKIII's all along we were using", everyone would be in a frenzy and prices on them would match the IIC+. Sheeple are a fun crowd.
It was not a natural increase in value for the MKIII which there are a shit ton of by the way. You could still order them in the later 90’s. I know because I ordered two for customers around that time. It was pure greed from Covid and people are not letting go. Before 2020 you could get them for 1K or less without trying. Same for MK IV’s, routinely about 1K to 1200 or so for a head, less for a combo. It’s only 4 years later. It is complete nonsense.

The Prince edition!
It probably wouldn’t matter the price. I’ve never been a great fan of mark III’s anyway. To me they’ll always be barely worth the $800 they used to go for. I would much rather have a 2B or a IV.
Exactly. Well said.

Nope. Because hopefully the morons that would pay that for a III, would see posts like this where I say a Mark III sounds like a C+...if the C+ has 2 blankets over the speakers.

It was not a natural increase in value for the MKIII which there are a shit ton of by the way. You could still order them in the later 90’s. I know because I ordered two for customers around that time. It was pure greed from Covid and people are not letting go. Before 2020 you could get them for 1K or less without trying. Same for MK IV’s, routinely about 1K to 1200 or so for a head, less for a combo. It’s only 4 years later. It is complete nonsense.
Ok, I'll give you that. We can all definitely agree on the post COVID pricing hikes that are crazy.

Back