PSA - Spamming in OTC - Updated 2023-04-19

Yeah, but in the grand scheme of things it's just a forum bro'.

I'm 100% certain I'd be beating myself up were I in your position; it doesn't take much for we self-deprecating, perfectionist types, as I'm sure you'd well know.

Just putting myself in your shoes, I know it'd do me good to hear the odd reminder of the above. I'm some sort of an expert at beating myself up. Had a lifetime of practice. :LOL:

All.....I made some bone-headed mistakes moderating over the weekend.

Blaming no one but myself. Bad decisions. All on me.

The first is going by the boards "Terms and rules" as a basis for moderation here in the General Section of OTC. https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/help/terms/

Please hear me out here as well......I don't blame the Forum Principals, its Admin personnel, or anyone else. Only myself.

The second of my mistakes is not doing some due diligence review of a little history of this section. It serves a need, and best I can see at the moment meets expectations. The Senior Mods knows what works and what doesn't here. I respect them much and will defer to them. My mistakes caused them extra work they didn't need or deserve. For what it's worth, very sorry about all that. And also to the forum members that got caught all up in it all. Very sorry about all that.

The third and most egregious error I made (IMHO) was not understanding this very thread I'm posting in here and now.

As far as not discussing when asked why someone was banned, in the moment I believed it disrespectful to the person banned to "air out the dirty laundry" so to speak. I believed in the moment that the event was between me and person banned, and the moderators. Somewhat private and that I imagine they wouldn't want discussed with just anyone else wanting to know.

What can I say?........I f@#ked up. Live and learn.

For what it's worth, Im sorry.
I think you did a great job.

Of course Donnie thinks you did a great job, he’s great at kissing mods asses. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
EA8A2569-9D73-4EC3-8D40-6B3F25E0BB8D.jpeg

All.....I made some bone-headed mistakes moderating over the weekend.

Blaming no one but myself. Bad decisions. All on me.

The first is going by the boards "Terms and rules" as a basis for moderation here in the General Section of OTC. https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/help/terms/

Please hear me out here as well......I don't blame the Forum Principals, its Admin personnel, or anyone else. Only myself.

The second of my mistakes is not doing some due diligence review of a little history of this section. It serves a need, and best I can see at the moment meets expectations. The Senior Mods knows what works and what doesn't here. I respect them much and will defer to them. My mistakes caused them extra work they didn't need or deserve. For what it's worth, very sorry about all that. And also to the forum members that got caught all up in it all. Very sorry about all that.

The third and most egregious error I made (IMHO) was not understanding this very thread I'm posting in here and now.

As far as not discussing when asked why someone was banned, in the moment I believed it disrespectful to the person banned to "air out the dirty laundry" so to speak. I believed in the moment that the event was between me and person banned, and the moderators. Somewhat private and that I imagine they wouldn't want discussed with just anyone else wanting to know.

What can I say?........I f@#ked up. Live and learn.

For what it's worth, Im sorry.
REPORTED

~ss

Also, what is going on the MkII? Is that you or a copycat?

~ss
Ha!
I use dcburn everywhere, well at least the forums I frequent. LPF, TGP, RT, the tele site, Boogie forum, Metro forum, 18 watt and Youtube (have a couple quick amp clips).
With all the "alt" finger pointing, and even hearing about it when I first joined TGP, I really wanted to have one of my own.
So, figured Id create my own alt, but make it painfully obvious to everyone. Same avatar, but black and white and added the Mk.ii like other awesome shit!
Kinda goofing on alts in general to be honest.
Having fun being goofy here. I cant do this elsewhere.

Monkeyman I think knows, JBT as well?

Last edited:
Ha!
I use dcburn everywhere, well at least the forums I frequent. LPF, TGP, RT, the tele site, Boogie forum, Metro forum, 18 watt and Youtube (have a couple quick amp clips).
With all the "alt" finger pointing, and even hearing about it when I first joined TGP, I really wanted to have one of my own.
So, figured Id create my own alt, but make it painfully obvious to everyone. Same avatar, but black and white and added the Mk.ii like other awesome shit!
Kinda goofing on alts in general to be honest.
Having fun being goofy here. I cant do this elsewhere.

Monkeyman I think knows, JBT as well?
Damn now I want to make an alt... was thinking about PLIX, Dickey Cooter, or Rich Spiddle.

~ss

Back