Put down the crack pipe....eBay sales.

I needed his crack dealer's number about 40 years ago. Apparently this seller is still using him. LOL
That recommendation you gave me for the water based neoprene tolex glue from AES worked out great. Very surprised and happy with the results.

Just recovered recently acquired MKIV Rev A # 2 this past weekend. Getting the 30plus yr old original tolex was more work than expected. But a heat gun and scaper made it much, much easier.

#2 is on the right.

02k8Ywv.jpg

6o4xsQs.jpg

That mark IV combo is the greatest combo ever built . The combos are even better than the heads . They are magical

I love Wizard amps as much as anyone but the front of that thing is ugly as hell lol
I suppose it could grow on you if you had to look at it everyday.

As much as I love my Wizards for the way the sound, it took me quite a while to warm up to the goofy looking "WIZARD" emblem. At least he didn't name them after himself.

The big stupid Z emblem on Dr Z amps was another acquired taste.

I suppose it could grow on you if you had to look at it everyday.

As much as I love my Wizards for the way the sound, it took me quite a while to warm up to the goofy looking "WIZARD" emblem. At least he didn't name them after himself.

The big stupid Z emblem on Dr Z amps was another acquired taste.
To me it’s the whole front of that thing . It looks a head conversion to combo gone wrong

That mark IV combo is the greatest combo ever built . The combos are even better than the heads . They are magical
Well........I don't know about all that, but I still find something in the old 90's and earlier Mesas that is missing from the new offerings. I'm certain at least some of that is "all in my head", but I can't get it out of my head.

My wife tells me it's not what's in my head that I can't get out.......but what I've lost due to "old age"....as in my hearing. As with many things in life, I'm sure there is some truth to that.

It's taken me a while and some patience to warm up to the MKV 90W. It sounds very good to my ears, but it also sounds very different. I'm almost there with it though. Glad I decided to hang on to it.

Last edited:
To me it’s the whole front of that thing . It looks a head conversion to combo gone wrong
My thoughts as well. I've seen plenty other Wizard combo cabinets that weren't that gnarly.

Come to think of it, I don't believe Rick offers anything in a combo these days.

Well........I don't know about all that, but I still find something in the old 90's and earlier Mesas that is missing from the new offerings. I'm certain at least some of that is "all in my head", but I can't get it out of my head.

My wife tells me it's not what's in my head that I can't get out.......but what I've lost due to "old age"....as in my hearing. As with many things in life, I'm sure there is some truth to that.

It's taken me a while and some patience to warm up to the MKV 90W. It sounds very good to my ears, but it also sounds very different. I'm almost there with it though. Glad I decided to hang on to it.
I’m looking to buy another mk 4 combo lol fr

Back