Question about selling on the Gear Page

Totally everywhere. Shit guitars & trinkets for 500+ miles.
I do 500+ mile searches on FB Marketplace same thing/Zilch.
Been that way all this year. Its like i moved to a 3rd world country.
And big box stores like GC/Music Go Round/Chicago Music Exchange are raping people selling gear cuz they can.
It’s sweet water where I’m at

Hi All, Been getting tired of all the B.S. on Reverb with all the new fees / taxes on used gear ETC... and have sold gear here with success although it sometimes takes some time and was considering trying the Gear Page as an additional option but don't ever go there and wasn't even sure if that was a place I would want to try to sell?. Any info, experiences, words of wisdom, and or requirements that I need to know about would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I bought my Friedman Small Box head from someone on TGP. Very smooth transaction and it is still my main amp.

I've sold a bit of stuff there. Frankly, my tastes in gear don't really usually align with the taste of that forum. Also, even though TGP is a larger community (I believe), I have better luck selling quickly here quicker.

TGP is alright. They'll ban you for some really silly and mundane things if you get too chatty on the forum, so it's best to utilize it's classifieds and stay out of the mess. They don't care if you paid to be there and often won't tell you what rule you supposedly broke to get the suspension. But you have to pay the 15 bucks or whatever a year to be able to post there. It moves quicker than any other board classifieds though.
THIS!

Hi All, Been getting tired of all the B.S. on Reverb with all the new fees / taxes on used gear ETC... and have sold gear here with success although it sometimes takes some time and was considering trying the Gear Page as an additional option but don't ever go there and wasn't even sure if that was a place I would want to try to sell?. Any info, experiences, words of wisdom, and or requirements that I need to know about would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have been buying and selling on The Gear Page for almost 15 years. I have never had a bad deal. I only deal with members who have been part of the community for a while &/or have a decent post count. As long as I am convinced they are a member of the community I do business. It's always gone well. My friends all have the same experience. :)

Back