Question for Dave

bstaley

Dave,
Welcome to the forum. I thought I'd kick things off with this question:

What are some of the most common mistakes you see (and have to fix) from rack building novices, such as myself?

BTW, I have a Randall Plexi module I'm probably going to send you after the holidays for a mod.

Well using George L cable and ends is one. The reason is the ends will fail on you and you don't know what one. There are so many things to know with grounding that its kind of hard to make general statements but if you have specifics then let them rip. Dave

i'm not friedman by any means, but one thing people don't think about when building racks is proper isolation of units from the rails etc..

Well yes that also. The thing is knowing how to deal with the stuff comes from years of experience doing it. Lets see that would be about 18 years for me. Note to self i'm old now. Dave

Dave, I have both of the Voodoo Lab pedal powers in my rack rig. The Plus is on a sliding shelf with my pedals and the AC is in the back providing AC power to some of the rack units.

My question is have you found any problems with the position of the AC in the back of a rig as far as noise and interference?
I have it mounted on one of my rack units that has a long back shelf.
Is the the placment important with these units? Thanks

Well yes it is. Its probably not the best idea to mount it to a unit. But if it does not hum then go for it. It has a low field hum but you don't want to run things over top of it and so on. Dave

RACKSYSTEMS":ukex6avm said:
Well yes it is. Its probably not the best idea to mount it to a unit. But if it does not hum then go for it. It has a low field hum but you don't want to run things over top of it and so on. Dave

Thanks alot for the response. Your knowledge is much appreciated sir :)
So as far as the Pedal Power Plus for the stompboxes.. Are the unbalanced cords that run from the pedals to the GCX susceptable to picking up noise if they're near the PP +? Thanks

Back