Question for Marshall JVM experts

jchrisf

My favorite amp on my Fractal FM3 is the JVM OD2 Green channel amp. Anybody know what this channel is based on? Also, is it on the JVM2?

Hmm, not sure on the first question but regarding JVM 205 & 210 the Overdrive Channel on those amps is OD2 from the 410.

I always felt OD2 (Overdrive on 205/210) was Marshall's take on a more lower mid modern high gain voicing. Could be wrong but didn't really think that channel was based on existing Marshall amps as opposed to competing amps in the market place i.e Boogie, EVH etc... Whereas OD1 on the 410 is clearly hot rodded out 800.

Last edited:
Hmm, not sure on the first question but regarding JVM 205 & 210 the Overdrive Channel on those amps is OD2 from the 410.

I always felt OD2 (Overdrive on 205/210) was Marshall's take on a more lower mid modern high gain voicing. Could be wrong but didn't really think that channel was based on existing Marshall amps as opposed to competing amps in the market place i.e Boogie, EVH etc... Whereas OD1 on the 410 is clearly hot rodded out 800.
I would have thought I would have liked the OD1 channel better if it is based off hot rodded JCMs... but there is something nice about OD2 Green. The description doesn't really describe this channel in their manaul... just :

This channel is similar to the OD1 channel but with even more gain and the middle control shifted to being centred around 500hz (instead of the more typical Marshall value of 650hz).

I must like the lower mids

I would have thought I would have liked the OD1 channel better if it is based off hot rodded JCMs... but there is something nice about OD2 Green. The description doesn't really describe this channel in their manaul... just :

I must like the lower mids
Yep you can take a Boss EQ and adjust to get the OD1 tone, Santiago the amp designer had the exact setting on a pic of the Boss...it's somewhere out there in the ether.

Back