Question regarding Rebel/E2 combo

kingsryche

Just kicking ideas around here. With the E2, would I be able to dial in a clean setting on my Rebel and with the E2 use a mid gain and high gain module and be able to access all three on the fly with a foot controller?

I was originally thinking I would get a T/D and EG5 but if I can use the Rebel as my clean channel, then I could get, say a COD for mid gain and the EG5 for high gain. That would be a pretty flexible mini rig and pretty good bang for the buck.

Thoughts??

yup! But with the clean setting on the Rebel you will have headroom issue with all. Dime the Rebel and use a clean and EG5 in E2! Then you get full power with great crunch from the Rebel. I will be putting it thru the paces really soon and have the ideal ways for all to use!

Jeff Hilligan":23pn9808 said:
yup! But with the clean setting on the Rebel you will have headroom issue with all. Dime the Rebel and use a clean and EG5 in E2! Then you get full power with great crunch from the Rebel. I will be putting it thru the paces really soon and have the ideal ways for all to use!

Thanks Jeff! Can't wait to rock out with this bad boy. :rock:

I've been thinking about this with the Renegade.
So, let's say I have an M4 and want to buy an RT2/50 to get the sweet split of 6L6's and El34's.
Then let's say instead I buy a Renegade and it's basically the same thing with two preamp channels thrown in for nothing.

Obviously, there's differences, it's not rack, you can't run both power sections at the same time for stereo, etc.
But, it's an option I'm seriously considering.

chickenoolie":2bwdswi8 said:
So, let's say I have an M4 and want to buy an RT2/50 to get the sweet split of 6L6's and El34's.
Then let's say instead I buy a Renegade and it's basically the same thing with two preamp channels thrown in for nothing.

Obviously, there's differences, it's not rack, you can't run both power sections at the same time for stereo, etc.

yup it is!

Jeff Hilligan":1vrhron8 said:
Woaw!That would be really great :rock: !I can't wait :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry for my ignorance, but it is still bit unclear to me how to use E2/M4 with a MOD50 if I wanted to use also the modules preamp section of MOD50? What is the most convenient way to do this? I guess this has been explained before, but I could not find any info with search.

chickenoolie":t158owa5 said:

By the way, Jeff, there's something I can't figure out and am very curious about: when using an external preamp with the Renegade, seeing the power tubes are selected per channel, would the preamp use the 6L6s, the EL34s or both ? (same question goes for the Rebel, both 20 and 30)
Any insight would be appreciated :thumbsup:

My assumption is that it will go by whatever channel is selected on the amp. Unless there's some trickery going on, I don't think the amp knows or cares whether a preamp in the loop or it's own preamp without the loop is getting fed in.

So, you set up the power sections on the two channels as you like them with the mix control and the wattage selection.

Then you'd need a switching system that can send the channel switch signal to the renegade to switch channels - not for the preamp, but for the power amp setting you want to use.

I'm not under the impression that the E2 will have that ability, but I could be wrong. Any clarification there Jeff? Can the E2 switch channels on the amp it's in the loop of to run through different power amp settings?

Also if I missed it just tell me to go look it up, but is the E2 coming with it's own footswitch or do you need to get a seperate midi switcher?

So, here's the footswtich answer.

Jeff Hilligan":16vl7z1e said:
E2 is a stand alone pre amp.... It will be controlled via midi and will have a 8 button footswitch.
Anyone know on the channel switching abilities of the footswitch
for non midi-enabled amps?

Can you make it switch channels on the amp but stay active on
the E2's preamp - allowing you to isolate the amps power section
in that way?

Of course, most stand alone amps aren't smart enough to have
assignable power sections settings, but it's certainly becoming
more popular with Egnater, Fryette, Mesa, and probably some
others I'm not as familiar with.

chickenoolie":13ag7x7f said:
So, here's the footswtich answer.

Jeff Hilligan":13ag7x7f said:
E2 is a stand alone pre amp.... It will be controlled via midi and will have a 8 button footswitch.
Anyone know on the channel switching abilities of the footswitch
for non midi-enabled amps?

Can you make it switch channels on the amp but stay active on
the E2's preamp - allowing you to isolate the amps power section
in that way?

Of course, most stand alone amps aren't smart enough to have
assignable power sections settings, but it's certainly becoming
more popular with Egnater, Fryette, Mesa, and probably some
others I'm not as familiar with.

You can get stuff from Axess Electronics (CFX4) or RJM (Amp Gizmo if my memory serves me correctly) to do this. You will need to get something that can do it. Secondly, if you get a TC Electronics GMajor / GMajor II, it has relays built in to be able to do this also.

Eric

NicD":12i2cjj8 said:
chickenoolie":12i2cjj8 said:

By the way, Jeff, there's something I can't figure out and am very curious about: when using an external preamp with the Renegade, seeing the power tubes are selected per channel, would the preamp use the 6L6s, the EL34s or both ? (same question goes for the Rebel, both 20 and 30)

It will be a bit of a challange but if you are in E2 then you would have to switch the channels on the Renegade to get the 6l6s on one and 34's on the other but ya you can do.

aeroic":2j6du648 said:
You can get stuff from Axess Electronics (CFX4) or RJM (Amp Gizmo if my memory serves me correctly) to do this. You will need to get something that can do it. Secondly, if you get a TC Electronics GMajor / GMajor II, it has relays built in to be able to do this also.
The GCX can do that too. VoodooLab is supposed to release a dedicated unit for this as well, the Control Switcher: http://www.voodoolab.com/controlswitcher.htm

Jeff Hilligan":2j6du648 said:
NicD":2j6du648 said:
chickenoolie":2j6du648 said:

It will be a bit of a challange but if you are in E2 then you would have to switch the channels on the Renegade to get the 6l6s on one and 34's on the other but ya you can do.
Very cool, thanks !

Back