Question regarding speaker removal from TM 2x12 cabinet

jdsjw13

Hey guys

I need to remove the speakers from my TM212 cab for some work I'm having done on it. I have never done this so I apologize for the noob questions but I need some guidance.

First off, the connection terminals - are they ‘push on’ connectors or ‘solder only’ ? Second, for what I"m doing I only need to remove the speakers from the cab (i'm not replacing them...yet) so it is possible to take off the back panels, LEAVE EVERYTHING CONNECTED and just unscrew the speakers from the cab (and leave everything connected outside of the cab while I do the work)? I guess the biggest thing I'm hesitant about is F-ing with the connections because when I'm done doing the work I don't want to have to worry about getting them wrong and then not having a proper speaker load or something. Am I making too big of a deal about this? Anyone have any advice? Thanks

Just unscrew the back panels, gently pull the clips off from the speakers,unscrew the spkrs and to remove them from the cabinet turn them 90* and carefully lift through the center space. Do this with the cab laying face down. :thumbsup:

The biggest issue with this is the 5000 screws to remove first :LOL: :LOL: kidding but it is a bunch,and don't worry,just make a written diagram of the + and - connections if needed,really simple,and it is a tight fit so just listen to jbaxe on tilting the speaker 90 :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. So am I correct to assume that the connectors on the speakers are the "push on" type and are not soldered on?

jdsjw13":3pgqzwpd said:
Thanks guys. So am I correct to assume that the connectors on the speakers are the "push on" type and are not soldered on?
:LOL: :LOL: sorry bro I forget :doh: Do you have a soldering iron handy just in case :thumbsup:

No, I have no soldering gun nor do I have and soldering experience. That's why I was hoping that soldering wasn't involved!!

jdsjw13":1yv241z7 said:
No, I have no soldering gun nor do I have and soldering experience. That's why I was hoping that soldering wasn't involved!!
Hey bro,I just pulled a side handle off for you and your in luck,push ons :thumbsup:

jdsjw13":3q8xdbs9 said:
Awesome!! Thanks for checking dude...really appreciate it. Sound like it should be pretty easy

I always make sure that the batteries in my cordless screwdriver are fresh before I take off the back panels. Lots of screws back there.

Flat surfaces often have artwork such as landscapes painted directly on them. The wood used in provincial varied, but was often originally Beech. Wood choices tend to be deciduous hardwoods with a particular emphasis on the wood of edible or fruit bearing trees such as Cherry or Walnut.

Cabinet makers

Back