QUESTION: vh4 main fuses

ajharris1215

so i went to buy some backup fuses for my vh4. the user's manual states that for 110v power(american) a 250v 8A slo blo fuse should be used. i bought some of those, then i pulled out the fuse "drawer" to check what was in the amp (which i should've done before purchasing anything), and the main fuse as well as the spare was a 250v 4A slo blo.
i'm assuming that i need to get some 4A fuses, but i was wondering what the official word is... so which is it? 8A or 4A? ...thanks

adam

8 amps is way too strong ! I assume the manual
was made by Salwender.

Please use 4 amps slow blow for the main fuse.

The German print is " 2AT" = 2 Ampere traege.

Thanks

thanks peter... i'll buy some 4A. fortunately fuses are very cheap, so its no big deal.

however, this is from the manual available on the diezel site (english version)http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/uploads/tx_ohelement/VH4engl_01.pdf. just letting you know... thanks again!

2.3 Safety fuses
2.3.1 Main Fuse
The Main Fuse is situated inside a little drawer which is part of the power input jack. This sliding fuse holder also hides a spare fuse. The fuse values depend on the operating voltage in your country. For 110V, the fuse is to be a 8A slow blow, for 220V operation, the fuse must be 4 A slow blow. It is crucially important to use the specified fuse values only.

Back