Quick JJ clip(s)

Shiny_Surface

Hey guys,

Picked up a JJ recently, very nice amp imo. :thumbsup:

Can definitely hear the BE 100 circuit tweaks compared to my last BE 100.

Made some quick clips please forgive the sloppiness over the course of the past few days. :LOL: :LOL:

** Added a Drop D clip with Boss EQ :) **

Next clip I used an early 80's Ibanez EQ pedal up front for tone shaping. :)

Below is a clip with a Boss EQ up front again for tone shaping (standard BE mode again), with a Digitech hardwire DL-8 in the loop for some sauce. :)

Here is a clip of the BE mode straight in:

Here is a clip of the JBE mode straight in:

Sounds good and very 80's and brights, but I'm scratching my head why you even used the EQ and changed the tone of the amp! The amp is darker and smoother and you turned it into a bright 80's-type of tone. If you can't get the tone straight out of the amp...the amp might not be ideally tuned for "you" and you may want to get a Bogner or something else imho.

Equ1nox":1qpyx75k said:
Sounds good and very 80's and brights, but I'm scratching my head why you even used the EQ and changed the tone of the amp! The amp is darker and smoother and you turned it into a bright 80's-type of tone. If you can't get the tone straight out of the amp...the amp might not be ideally tuned for "you" and you may want to get a Bogner or something else imho.

Thanks for your question!

I'm not one of those players that needs to get all the tone from the amp, although I certainly understand the mindset of those that do I'm just not one of them. :thumbsup:

Just like the BE 100 I had I'm very happy with the base tones this amp puts out. Then (sometimes) I like to add my own tone tweaks via EQ or boost to finish the tone off. :)

Shiny_Surface":28v02qdp said:
Equ1nox":28v02qdp said:

Thanks for your question!

I'm not one of those players that needs to get all the tone from the amp, although I certainly understand the mindset of those that do I'm just not one of them. :thumbsup:

Just like the BE 100 I had I'm very happy with the base tones this amp puts out. Then (sometimes) I like to add my own tone tweaks via EQ or boost to finish the tone off. :)

The man knows what he likes.
Sounds killer. Well done

232cap":2hn3zbel said:
He is EQ'ing the Friedman to sound like a Cameron. Great sounding clips.

:yes: He showed me how he does this with a para-eq boost pedal. Seems to work on any Marshall-based amp. :D

Tom, the JJ sounds like a great fit for you. Seems to have some more grit to it than the other Friedman models. Would love to try it out when we get a chance to meet up next. :m17:

Back