Quick video of my Hermansson modded Marshall JMP 1959HW

firejack

I had a small window of opportunity today to record my Hermansson amp at a reasonable volume. I hooked up my detuned Suhr Modern Satin (Drop B) and started recording with my Zoom Q2n. I managed to get some riffs from a few of my original songs and a quick single-note improv with my Providence Chrono Delay in the FX Loop before my family came home early and interrupted my fun.

:)

Last edited:

Attachments

• Front Panel.jpg
    Front Panel.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 93
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 82
  • Speakers.jpg
    Speakers.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 94
Dude, that amp sounds fucking insane!!!!
I know right! The low end is totally composed and hits like a sledgehammer while the mids have that exact grind I've been searching for. And there's also a 3D quality to the tone that I've found lacking in most other high-gainers. It rips man!

Well that tone is certainly lacking nothing. The end of the video would’ve been even more adorable if your kids said, “Dad sounds great but it’d be even more brutal with a slight 2 db push at 1.5 KHz”.

Last edited:
Well that tone is certainly lacking nothing. The end of the video would’ve been even more adorable if your kids said, “Dad sounds great but it’d be even more brutal with a slight 2 db push at 1.5 KHz”.
Haha that would be something! :LOL:

Ya it sounds amazing
How much longer before yours is on its way to you? I imagine Henric will do a clip or two with it first?

Thanks man.

That tightness switch is intriguing, does it get significantly tighter in upwards position compared to normal?
To be honest, that's the one thing I haven't fully explored yet. I quickly tried all three settings and then just left it in the up position. IIRC things got slightly tighter each time I switched it downwards, but I can't say for sure. I'll have a good play with it tomorrow and get back to you.

Great sounding Marshall, great playing and a killer setup. Congrats
Thanks Distorted! Cheers.

Wow that sounds insane tight clear congratulations
Thanks GBS. Indeed!

Of course these amps sound great in E standard but downtune/ERG guys should honestly be signing up for Henrics amps these are perfect for low tunings, with the tightness. Here’s a quick Mesa clip from messing around today

Yeah boi! Nice one. :rock:
And I agree, the Hermansson absolutely loves detuned guitars. I wish I'd have kept some 7 strings I've sold over the years as I reckon they would have sounded ace through the Hermansson.

man thats got everything!! tight, quick response, percussive but still seems to retain the Marshall character, killer!

Haha that would be something! :LOL:

How much longer before yours is on its way to you? I imagine Henric will do a clip or two with it first?

To be honest, that's the one thing I haven't fully explored yet. I quickly tried all three settings and then just left it in the up position. IIRC things got slightly tighter each time I switched it downwards, but I can't say for sure. I'll have a good play with it tomorrow and get back to you.
Ya he definitely will do a clip he said. Still unsure how long . He thinks it cool we posted the builds. He’s so down to earth

Really, really killer high gain tone. Sounds super greasy and fun to play - but lots of string separation and articulation going on there. That amp is a keeper for sure.

Back