Quilter Phantom Block Video

diocide

I've been searching for the easiest DI and silent way to record guitars. I thought I had found the end all be all with the Two Notes Captor, but at this years NAMM 2020 Quilter Labs has decided to come out with a much simpler solution. I quickly bought one and decided to give them both a quick rip. I used a Balaguer Hyperion into a PLX FX Spirytus Distortion and ran it through both rigs using the built in cab sims, The Wall of Sound Plugin and also my own IR. Check it out and see what you think.

Thanks for making this. I've been using the Phantom Block with Wall of Sound, and I think it sounds pretty amazing. I do however find it sounds better with the Phantom Block's cabsim turned ON rather than OFF when using with Wall of Sound. It just smooths things out in just the right way. When shutting the built in cabsim off it sounds a little rough by comparison to me. I just ordered a Quilter ToneBlock 202 so I can do something similar with it's direct out but still have a lightweight amp to use. We'll see how that goes. I may end up just sticking with the Phantom Block. In your video, I was suprised, but I did prefer the Phantom Block over your amp and the Captor. But it's two different amps we're comparing essentially so not totally fair I suppose. In any case. Thanks for posting!

Back