Radial Twin City ABY switcher. Thoughts?

Metalhex

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TwinCityABY--radial-bones-twin-city-a-b-y-amp-switcher
I've never had a switcher before to switcher back and forth between amps but have always been curious. This one seems like a great one, and you can also blend and play both amps at the same time apparently. I've always wondered what two of my amps would sound like blended, in the room.

Also it would make recording easier too, if you wanted to blend two amps, record two tracks and hard pan each.

I'm a new when it comes to most gear related things. But this product has me very interested. Does anyone else have it? In what situations would you use this?

I was big into it at one time. I thought about the radial. you definitely need the right tool so that you don't end up killing yourself. That would work fine. If I were doing it, I would go Lehle

I used a passive for years then got a fulltone aby I couldnt believe the differrence. I'd recommend looking up the fulltone.

I have a decibel 11 aby and use it to jumper channels on my fender brown super or Vox ac50. The super the channels are out of phase, so I have to switch the phase switch. Also handy if you want to run two amps at the same time in dual mono.

Not sure if it is buffered but I use the MXR ABY.

Here is me wanking on it after I got it...

Once you have an ABY you will wonder how you ever got along without one. So cool. Spreads the sound out and gives you a nice thick tone - especially with two amps that compliment each other, like my Splawn and Rectoverb. The MXR has a '3rd' line out too for something like a tuner or even a 3rd amp. I've done that. Insane. Do be aware of ground loops and how to fix them.

The radial is nice for sure..I had the older full size version. Very hard, almost impossible to go back to one amp after combining two. I'm currently using the mesa a/b/y box with great results.

Twin City is buffered and with the phase switch and drag control, you should have a solid unit. The Fulltone aby with soft switches option is a good unit also. Those are two of the nicest aby options.

I have one and it works well but there is a degree of signal loss/tone suck. It isn’t drastic but it’s definitely there and depending on what you’re doing may be more or less noticeable.

What do you all use it for? Is it just to play around at home for fun? Do you use it live? Do you record two amps simultaneously with it?
I mainly want it just to experience playing my 6505 and Hughes and kettner at the same time to see how badges it could sound. But that's just about it, so I'm deciding if it'd be worth it for me.

What do you all use it for? Is it just to play around at home for fun? Do you use it live? Do you record two amps simultaneously with it?
I mainly want it just to experience playing my 6505 and Hughes and kettner at the same time to see how badges it could sound. But that's just about it, so I'm deciding if it'd be worth it for me.

I usually use it to split my guitar signal so I can record a DI track in case I needed to reamp later.

Back