Rasmus Guitars Finally Shipping!

Ed Yoon

Finally, after two years of development work the Rasmus guitars are now shipping to authorized Suhr dealers. The guitars are trickling out in limited quantities due to the amount of work involved on each guitar. The few dealers who have received them are absolutely blown away by the quality and are very excited by the quality you get for the money.

Here is a gallery of photos of the Rasmus factory in Xiamen, China when Guthrie and I visited there in June. This is a state-of-the-art facility with excellent working conditions run by a Taiwanese company that had been building guitars since the 70's. As advised before, I have worked with this factory since '95 when I was handling supply chain of imported products at Fender during the 90's.

http://gallery.me.com/suhrguitars#101554

You can see that this is no sweatshop with prison or child labor. It's a very professional organization with experienced managers and workers who are dedicated to making the very best guitars possible for their respective price points. You can also see Guthrie trying out the first Signature Model prototype. Guthrie now has the second prototype that he is very happy with and has started playing live. The production of the Rasmus GG Signature will start in April and we expect to start shipment in June.

The last photo is of Guthrie and me enjoying the local Chinese cuisine with the president of the company and other management members at the factory's cafeteria. It's definitely nothing like what you'd find at Panda Express here in the States!

racerevlon":35hpkj9o said:
Looks like they make more than Rasmus guitars at that factory. Also, is that a neck-through I saw?

Oh, we're a very small part of their overall production but, eventually, we plan to use one of their new empty buildings covering 40,000 square feet exclusively for the production of Rasmus guitars. This factory produces nearly 30,000 guitars per month (both acoustics and electrics) for companies like Fender, Yamaha, Fernandes and other big mainstream brands. The factory employs nearly 1,000 employees and has nearly 500,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space. It's a pretty serious guitar manufacturing operation.

Ed, any idea when the Floyded versions will start shipping? I haven´t seen any yet, at least.

Back