Re-amping

Depends on how much you want to spend.
IMO the Palmer Daccapo is great and quite affordable.
It's better than the crappy Radial ProRMP, which is too quiet, and costs less.
Also you can adjust the output level on the Palmer, switch between -10/+4 and there's a ground lift.
If you can spend more, the Little Labs Redeye is also very popular.
What kind of interface do you have?

(I use a Torpedo Reload, but you already have a loadbox so it's overkill. Before I used the palmer)

i use the reload

tried a bunch of the others

the output levels were way too low and had to be boosted when re amping out to the amps

I have one of the radial units with the controls that allow me to tweak eq as well as signal/volume. Works great but to be honest, your converters will play the biggest part in whether you like the results you get or not. I A/B'd my results and no matter what I did, I felt the reamped tone was inferior. It was missing the crispness no matter what I did. Did some reading on this and found that converters between your DAW and the reamp box will def impact the sound. So unless you have some sweet ass converters, you too may notice a diff. Now that said, in a mix and with some post eq, maybe it doesn't bug you. It bugged me though.

Haven't reamped in ages and never really got into it heavily but I have some great revamping boxes from Radius in new condition, just sitting around doing nothing, if you're interested.

I'm new to recording but.... I dont understand how anybody can go without reamping. I do realize there is a compromise in tone and converts play a huge roll as someone mentioned earlier

Back