Read Your Diezel Manuals

ajharris1215

links to manuals:
http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/manuals.2.0.html
http://www.salwender.com/Amps_Diezel.htm

from topic: Question about Power attenuation and a presence mod http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28227

fuzzhead":1urvqt3o said:
I have been using the second master volume which gives me a much better high gain tone at lower volumes.
slate":1urvqt3o said:
yours has two master volumes ?

mine only has one .... :confused:
fuzzhead":1urvqt3o said:
It says in the manual how to use the 2nd master volume

from Salwender International's Diezel VH4 Manual:
3.2.4 Loop as Second Master Volume
Those of you who can live without processors in the parallel loop can use this loop for a second master volume for each channel. To do this, just loop a short 1/4” cable from send 2 to parallel loop return. Now you can choose a second master volume by turning the mix control past 1:00 PM to full open, and push the send 2 button to activate your second master volume. To do this for the VH4S, you must use a Y-cable and send the signal from send 2 to parallel return A and B.

there's a lot of other interesting things in the manual that would answer many questions people post on this forum. there's also some nice tips and tricks... for example:
section 4.1.3 addresses the potential ultra-compression of channel 3 and how to deal with it.
section 3.2.6 offers creative ideas for using the channel insert loops, which i think are an underrated feature of the VH4 that most people overlook. no one talks about the channel inserts on this forum...

and then there's this:
5.2.2 Tube Selection
the VH4 and VH4(S) come factory equipped with 6L6 type tubes. The 6L6 tube delivers transparent tone with good warm tendencies and strong low end. It is possible to use other types of tubes in the Diezel amplifier. This makes this amp more versatile than most other amps and allows you to fine tune your rig to your own special needs.
EL34/6CA7: aggressive, slender low end, higher total harmonic distortion (THD)
5881: great tube for clean sounds, lower output, but similar to 6L6
6550: very loud, very good dynamics, strong low end (150 to 180W)
KT88/KT100: similar to 6550, but very punchy with great clarity and warmth. Expensive

factory equipped with 6L6? hmm... interesting right?

again, this is Salwender International's VH4 Manual. both the Herbert's and Einstein's manuals offer some of the same information and other tips specific to those amps. i've never read European manuals, but i suspect they're the same.

read your manuals, then read them again...

Sorry about the manual, it´s from the stone edge.
We have new ones and only to translate in English.

Best,

Peter

where i can get a new one in german?
ajharris1215":pm1x1bzo said:
Is it possible to get one in german?

Peter Diezel":g70f44ty said:
Sorry about the manual, it´s from the stone edge.

Best,

Peter

no apologies necessary peters! i was telling everyone to read their manuals because they're very good and very informative. not only do they answer many questions people post on this forum, they offer tips and tricks that are extremely useful.

i didnt get one for my eini or VH4 - you have to download them from the diezel site . :)

This is the actual text I got in an email from my reseller when I enquired about a "missing" manual: "Unfortunately there is no user manual for this amp, if you have any queries, please ask."

I suppose they are sort of right in that the manual I've just downloaded was for the 100W version, but damn my stupidity for not checking earlier :aww:

slate":1xg3tz5w said:
i didnt get one for my eini or VH4 - you have to download them from the diezel site . :)

Neither did I. But then again I thought the manuals weren't that good. Better than your typical Marshall manual but a far cry from something like Mesa or Egnater manuals. Hopefully the new ones will be better.

Back