Really Naked Flamed Maple

Strandberg Junkie

Banned
I don't think I've ever seen a finished guitar with such an unfinished body. There's a really light coat of something sealing it but it's not doing anything to highlight the figuring. This would look amazing wiped with some naptha.

Sorry for the big pics.

20230528_111629.jpg

20230528_111711.jpg

20230528_111802.jpg

20230528_111655.jpg

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Overpriced current line of questionable quality.

Mentioned previous that I've known the main USA guy for ages and their office is about a 90 minute
drive from my place. I've had so many run through here I've lost count.

Couldn't disagree more with both parts of the quote above.

My biggest gripe with them would be no customization anymore.
For the Prog NX7 it was either the limited run natural flame or quilt
or the two standard options. Grey flame or purple quilt. Don't like either.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Mentioned previous that I've known the main USA guy for ages and their office is about a 90 minute
drive from my place. I've had so many run through here I've lost count.

Couldn't disagree more with both parts of the quote above.

My biggest gripe with them would be no customization anymore.
For the Prog NX7 it was either the limited run natural flame or quilt
or the two standard options. Grey flame or purple quilt. Don't like either.

View attachment 210616

I told ya, might be me :)

And we at least agree that possibility to go “full option” would be great.

And for 2500 USD (I remember them being even more sometime before) there is quite a competition I guess. USA made PRS can be obtained at those prices for example,if I am not mistaking.

And that is while not mentioning how he screwed up in the past with all those OS and other asian made stuff.

I like the guy himself a lot, been in the first 100 on the waitlist for a Made to Measure, supported from the beginning. But what company is today seems to me only a mere shadow of what might have been.

But what company is today seems to me only a mere shadow of what might have been.

Relative to you I've come in a bit late to the party. Everything I've played has come out
of the factory in Indonesia that Ed Yoon set up for Ola.
You know Ed? Spent years with John Suhr before becoming Strandberg's US guy.
Before Suhr he ran Tone Merchants here in SoCal.

IMG_6084-620x465.jpeg

Entry level guitars are $1,650 new and $1,300 for a B-stock.

Relative to you I've come in a bit late to the party. Everything I've played has come out
You know Ed? Spent years with John Suhr before becomming Strandberg's US guy.

IMG_6084-620x465.jpeg
I have been following the news a lot less in the recent years. When all that mess with crazy priced asian guitars started, my heart gone cold towards ‘em.

No, I am unfamiliar with Ed and have nothing bad to say against him, so that is a good sign, because we would have known if something compromising :)

So are these Prog NX not made in the Sweden shop? If not, I am a bit confused with the pricing and country of origin of recent production line, to be honest. But yeah, that 1650 is closer to reality at least. Still I thing I would go Josh Middleton LTD guitar in that range, if I was in the market for an asian made guitars.

Last edited:

NX is simply the NEXT generation of the basic guitar.
New forearm and neck heel carves, improved locking nut, lots of little stuff improved.

Pretty sure everything's been coming out of Indonesia now since at least 2019 when I
got turned onto them. Ed's a gear head and knows manufacturing so he's been perfect
for Ola and the brand.

He's also the manager of the Aristrocats!

AcratsUSATour.jpg

You know Ed? Spent years with John Suhr before becoming Strandberg's US guy.

IMG_6084-620x465.jpeg

Entry level guitars are $1,650 new and $1,300 for a B-stock.
Tone Merchants? Is it that same place Brad King owned?

I also made some corrections to my previous post, cause I somehow deleted a part of it.

???????
Ed was running it 19-20 years ago when I drove up to get a Vigier.
No clue before that. He use to run some great shows there too.

I only know of Tone Merchants affiliated with Brad King, so might be another one.

Guthrie Kills it! Wanna see him doing some heavier metal styles someday!

Last edited:
Back