Rebel 20 vs Tweaker 15.

Kirby22

Hi guys. :)

My friend is touring with his Renegade head,and I always liked his sound. I just wanted something which will sound little more like me. I want something smaller. So: Rebel 20 or Tweaker 15?

I really don't care about loudness and power,since I'm small-apartment-player. I was wondering,what's the difference between this two amps? I mean on sound. Just for the record: I'm 6V6 guy. So I would use 6V6 on Rebel 20. And Tweaker is 6V6 amp also. But if we ignore that,what's the difference in sound?

I own a Rebel 20 and I think it's pretty versatile. You can dial it down to one watt, and I like the tube mix and tight and bright switches. After three years it's still going string with no issues. It gets gigged and rehearsed on a regular basis. Great amp IMO. The Tweaker has it's own feature set that's pretty nice too. I think you would need to sit down with both and put them through their paces.

I just bought a tweaker 15 that should be here on Monday, look forward to comparing it to the The Rebel 20. I'm thinking of using the two as a small stereo rig. That way I can run the Boss DD20 and Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere in both loops to spread out the effects.
The Rebel 20 really sounds great, I find myself using it more than the Renegade, which is also a great amp. Like bbrodie said, it's very versatile and plenty loud to do gigs. I set my gain between 11:00 and 1:00 and use either a Cmatmods Signa OD or the Cmatmods Brownie to give me the gain I need. Sounds incredible!

Now I see why the Tweaker gets such great reviews, It sounds awesome! Really like this amp. It really can give you a wide variety of tones with or without pedals. It seams to have plenty of clean headroom maybe a tad more than the Rebel 20. To say which of these two amps are better wouldn't do either one justice. They're both very good sounding amps, So get either one or both. ;-)

Back