Rebel + E2

kingsryche

Greetings,

New to the forum and this is my first post. Thought I'd throw myself into the mix since I ordered a Rebel from MF last night. Been following Egnater for a while, especially since they originally announced the Rebel. Someone mentioned in a different thread about combining the Rebel with an E2 and I thought that was an interesting idea because I love the modular concept.

I understand the E2 has some midi issues and isn't quite ready but I was wondering what everyone thought about running an E2 with the Rebel? I want the Rebel by itself for play/practice at home and possibly run it with an E2 for playing out. Seems like with a little midi controller + Rebel/E2 (with a nice clean module/crunch module) and a good effects unit would be an awesome little rig for either home or gig.

Any thoughts on that setup? Pros or cons? Oh, and did I mention I ordered a Rebel?? :rock:

kingsryche":1gc49lt2 said:
Greetings,

New to the forum and this is my first post. Thought I'd throw myself into the mix since I ordered a Rebel from MF last night. Been following Egnater for a while, especially since they originally announced the Rebel. Someone mentioned in a different thread about combining the Rebel with an E2 and I thought that was an interesting idea because I love the modular concept.

I understand the E2 has some midi issues and isn't quite ready but I was wondering what everyone thought about running an E2 with the Rebel? I want the Rebel by itself for play/practice at home and possibly run it with an E2 for playing out. Seems like with a little midi controller + Rebel/E2 (with a nice clean module/crunch module) and a good effects unit would be an awesome little rig for either home or gig.

Any thoughts on that setup? Pros or cons? Oh, and did I mention I ordered a Rebel?? :rock:
I'm sure that would be a smoking combo!!Welcome aboard!!!

I'm sure that'd be great! One of the cool things about the modular series is that not only is each amp can be changed by swapping out modules, but with the products they are coming out you can constantly change your rig depending on your needs/wants. You could use the rebel by itself when you wanted too, and when you need more easily add in the E2; or the E2 could be mated with a rack poweramp for a small little rack rig as well; or they could all be combined. When I get some more cash on hand I'm thinking of a system like that with my mod50 and anyone of the following: m4, e2, rebel. Hopefully one day, it'll be all of them :)

I'm a total Noob when it comes to rack gear. I assume you would run the E2 in the Rebel's effect loop and could still run an effects unit after the E2? Sounds like a great little set up. Can't wait to get the Rebel first and then an E2 down the road. :thumbsup:

kingsryche":31uymc7o said:
I'm a total Noob when it comes to rack gear. I assume you would run the E2 in the Rebel's effect loop and could still run an effects unit after the E2? Sounds like a great little set up. Can't wait to get the Rebel first and then an E2 down the road. :thumbsup:

Can do. It's a great idea. I hope they get the E2 out soon. I will switch to the exact same setup you are talking about when they do. Love my MOD 50. Don't love the weight. I'm old and my back is older :LOL: :LOL:

This the ultimate set up as far as I can tell.

Rebel
Small 3 space rack with E2 and TC G System or Glass Nexus & power condition
Small pedal board with wah, boost, OD and volume pedal.

Small, light, flexible.

WOW!

3 Mile Stone":46mf6vw1 said:
kingsryche":46mf6vw1 said:

Can do. It's a great idea. I hope they get the E2 out soon. I will switch to the exact same setup you are talking about when they do. Love my MOD 50. Don't love the weight. I'm old and my back is older :LOL: :LOL:

This the ultimate set up as far as I can tell.

Rebel
Small 3 space rack with E2 and TC G System or Glass Nexus & power condition
Small pedal board with wah, boost, OD and volume pedal.

Small, light, flexible.

WOW!

I agree. :yes: That's almost the exact rig I sketched out when first thinking about a Rebel/E2 combo. At this point in the game, that rig would do everything I want to do and more! :thumbsup: I plan on running my pedal board with the Rebel while I wait to see what happens with the E2 but I hope the wait isn't too long.

Back