Received my 78 JMP Kitchen Sink + Sat Switch

:rock: Just got my 78 JMP with the Kitchen Sink and Sat Switch mods. Excellent work, better than I expected. It's basically a PT100 with little more highs but the master volume on it kills my PT100 master.

The fucked up part after I almost started a fire inside the house... he packs bubble wrap on the tubes but didn't mention it. :gethim: The smell made me open the back after a few minutes..amp sounded so good that I didn't give a damn if a fire broke out. :rock: So for all you that have incoming amps CHECK THE BACK and pull the wrap around the tubes. :D

Might have to sell the PT100 and get a Marsha due to only the Master volume being so good on these. Highly recommend these mods if you like the Marshall sound.

:thumbsup: cool! .........yeah i've tried all the "big-boys" modded Marshalls out there and i've come FULL-CIRCLE back to a friedman KS modded Marshall ;) ...and this time i've got a JMP 2203 100 watter,which i def prefer over the JCM 800 50w version that i had...the modded 100 watters just seem to sound better/fuller/sweeter,imo :D

goldwing68nv":18f98afi said:
:thumbsup: cool! .........yeah i've tried all the "big-boys" modded Marshalls out there and i've come FULL-CIRCLE back to a friedman KS modded Marshall ;) ...and this time i've got a JMP 2203 100 watter,which i def prefer over the JCM 800 50w version that i had...the modded 100 watters just seem to sound better/fuller/sweeter,imo :D

I'm impressed with the Master volume work. I don't know how you get a Marshall's volume to work like that but they should all have it.

My Kitchen sink cam with a warning sticker on the top in brite green, "Remove back before Rocking" yes my tubes were bubble wrapped!

Some people ship with the tubes out, some wrap them, or even with no wrapping tubes left in can unseat/fall out during shipping...you've gotta check them before firing it up. I even check them after load in at a gig and occasionally they're loose.

Congrats on the amp :thumbsup:

Back