Recent recordings; Dino 822

DanTravis62

Hey all! Been busy with my day job, and my cover band, so I haven't been able to do a ton, but I wanted to share my last couple of demo tracks with my Larry.

There is basically no post EQ on anything - just a boss DD3, a strymon volante, and different guitars....into the larry.

Here's the first one:

And here's the second:

If anyone has any feedback, questions, comments, whatever, let me know!

Great work and great playing, Dan - my congrats!
Sometimes I almost can't believe it myself, that an actually rebuilt Marshall out of my hands almost 30 years ago can sound the way like this :confused:
Especially the 2nd (Tales of Beedle...) I like very much. Partially basically very IE-ish with a decent Irish touch - great! :rock:

And after I've noticed, that your right hand meanwhile became slightly more and more Jon-ish I'm really curious to hear quite the same, but recorded with your Pure Metal Machine (after you got it), because compared to your current DINO JM 822 the PMM is remarkable more concrete and still tighter soundwise, is more aggressive and much more 'into your face'

Maybe I'll be loosing one of my balls by enthusiasm after hearing quite the same, but played through the PMM :dunno: :D

Btw. and as I've already told ya through Insta - I like your drummer as well, this guy IMO is playing/drumming killer :thumbsup:

Finally my recommendation to you guys from this board: Absolutely listen also to 'Sixty Nine...', 'Feeding the Geese' & 'What time is it?' of Dan's SC channel!

Last edited:
Sometimes I almost can't believe it myself, that an actually rebuilt Marshall out of my hands almost 30 years ago can sound the way like this :confused:
Especially the 2nd (Tales of Beedle...) I like very much. Partially basically very IE-ish with a decent Irish touch - great! :rock:

And after I've noticed, that your right hand meanwhile became slightly more and more Jon-ish I'm really curious to hear quite the same, but recorded with your Pure Metal Machine (after you got it), because compared to your current DINO JM 822 the PMM is remarkable more concrete and still tighter soundwise, is more aggressive and much more 'into your face'

Maybe I'll be loosing one of my balls by enthusiasm after hearing quite the same, but played through the PMM :dunno: :D

Btw. and as I've already told ya through Insta - I like your drummer as well, this guy IMO is playing/drumming killer :thumbsup:

Finally my recommendation to you guys from this board: Absolutely listen also to 'Sixty Nine...', 'Feeding the Geese' & 'What time is it?' of Dan's SC channel!

Thanks so much Larry! Your amp design has brought me so much joy, and makes it so much easier for me to make music!

And yes, I am very, very excited to get the PMM and make music with it as well. The 822 is the first time when I play the quick, staccato rhythm phrases, that I don't feel like I am "swimming upstream" trying to get the amp to sound tight and aggressive - the PMM, I think, will be an additional wind at my back:cool:

Thank you for making amps that are perfect for my playing, Larry!

Also @novosibir , thank you so much for the compliments regarding my playing. Jon is a huge hero and musical influence of mine, so being compared to him is a great honor for me.

As well as the PMM, I'm slowly upgrading my recording equipment and skills, so my home recordings will improve along with my tones - and hopefully catch up!

I can not wait till my PMM is done . I’m beyond excited!

Wow!!! That sounds incredible. Great job dude!

Thanks man! My recording setup is very humble indeed - 2 57s in a Fredman clip, a Sennheiser 421, summed into a cheap 6 channel mixer into a cheap mackie artist 1-2 interface straight into reaper. Basically as rudimentary a recording chain as possible.

Im sure I would "save time" doing IRs, but I simply think the Larry deserves the time and care of real microphones. Plus theres a certain chaos theory thing about live mics in a live room.

Appreciate you taking the time to listen to my stuff!

Back