Regale me with your knowledge of the 1987X Reissues with 1960TV cabs

Matt300ZXT

There's a local guy with a halfstack at a good looking price, but I've never played one. I'm totally jonesing for Marshall goodness right now, but mostly hotrodded Marshall goodness...but Plexis sound soooooooooo good just as is and my Duncan 805 Overdrive would surely help. Sadly, being non master volume, it might be a tough sell to the neighbors lol

It's the one that has the effects loop on the back with a couple small switches right next to it. There anything special about those? I'm pretty sure they didn't use effects loops back when they designed the original circuit lol

I use a Freyette PS2 to tame volume. Works really well and adds a loop to amps that don't have them.

There's a local guy with a halfstack at a good looking price, but I've never played one. I'm totally jonesing for Marshall goodness right now, but mostly hotrodded Marshall goodness...but Plexis sound soooooooooo good just as is and my Duncan 805 Overdrive would surely help. Sadly, being non master volume, it might be a tough sell to the neighbors lol
Not one modded or stock 800 can touch what my stock 72 Tremolo and a boost gives me...even if I have to carefully pick the times to let it rip...it's sooo worth it!
Pure rock tone at its finest.
Go grab that NOW.

My #1 is a 2016 1987xl. The only time I've ever used the loop is for a MV box I built. I run it with both volumes on 6 and channels jumpered. It's the best sounding amp ever. I've never use a TV cab, but I'm sure they sound fantastic with this head.

Those non master Marshall’s have a tone that works extremely well with the crop of ‘amp in a box’ pedals available today. Wampler Pinnacle, Carl Martin Panama (or the new Plexi Ranger), JHS @, that 1987x would compliment any of these pedals and give you wide tonal flexibility. Put your time based effects through the loop and you’re good to go.

I've had a couple 1960TV, and more recently a couple 1960 BX/AX. The TV is honestly a very cool cab. All of these are good cabs for rock heads that love Marshall cabs. If the price is reasonable I wouldn't pass any of them up.

Had a 1987x Monomyth and didn't like it at all. Would have been interesting to have heard it stock. It had this clanky djenty thing to my ears no matter how I dialed it. Tried different settings, boosts, eq pedal, guitars...just wasn't a good fit for my tastes. The was also something odd about the notes in relation to how they were picked...as if there was this weird separation or disconnect...hard to explain.

Back