Remote won't open now

CCT

Hey guys,

Last night I tried to open the remote, which I had used the day before, and it wouldn't open. The little rotating " program loading" circle kept spinning and the remote never opened. I shut the computer down and tried again with the same results. Shut down, tried again with the same results.

Nothing changed from the day before when everything was working just fine, ie no updates...nothing.

Very frustrating.

Anyone know why this is happening or what to do? I REALLY need to be able to have all my Torp stuff working immediately now due to major life changes.

Thanks very much for the help !

Same problem here !

Tried to install the latest 3.1.8 version and the little rotating " program loading" circle keep spinning and the Remote never opens.

I have just received a impulse response file from Scott Henderson that I really wanted to try out.

This is beyond frustrating !

Yes it is. I had 3.1.8 installed for a week or two already, and after some initial issues itd had been working perfectly.

Scott is an incredible player! I was a staff instructor at MI from '87-'96 so I got to see him play quite a bit :thumbsup:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Remote software?

Often when software hangs while attempting to run it's because it's missing a critical file(s) at run-time (permissions, corruption etc)?

What changed on your system (upgrade or something)?

Mac or PC?

Are your permissions correct (perhaps the remote can't find something due to permissions)?

That's all I have, good luck...

Thanks for the response.

To answer your questions, nothing changed in my computer, which is a PC, from Wednesday night to Thursday. The remote worked fine Wednesday night and when I tried to open it Thursday, what I described happened. That's why I'm so confused...nothing changed except the remote not opening.

So, I gather my only option then is uninstalling and reinstalling as you mentioned? Anything I need to know in regards to doing that...am I gonna lose any presets I've created or any cabinets I've purchased and downloaded?

Thanks again for the help,

Craig

Hi Craig,
I suggested you other options in your support ticket before trying the uninstallation option.
In the uninstallation process, you choose to do a complete uninstallation that removes all your Two Notes presets and cabinets or to keep them on your computer.

In my case I tried to install 3.1.8 without having any prior software installed from Two Notes.

I only got to the blue ring spinning around.

Some software require dot-net or java etc etc but this doesn't seem to be the case !

I managed to update from 2.1 to 3.1.8 on another PC but I would like to have 3.1.8 installed on my Audio PC.

Back