Renegade Footswitch question...Will this work?????

veets987

So. If i got this footswitch or something like it

(https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... =211576593)

and plugged it into just the channel input on the back of the renegade would one switch control the channel and the other the lead boost? It is a stereo cable coming out of the switch so thinking it may work....

This way the effects loop and reverb would always be on since nothing is plugged into it and i can just have a footswitch for channel and lead boost. That is what i am going for....

What do you all think?

it will only switch two things and you'll need a stereo cable and a Send Return" cable (also known as a Insert Cable) I know it works because I used it on my renegade.(I switched channel and boost) This is the adapter I used with the stereo cable http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... le_to.html

this worked for me but, I used the same type pedal (latching) but not the same one you are looking at. Still yours looks fine and is cheap. You can buy it at MF (free shipping) and if it doesn't work reteurn it(only out return shipping)

jamme61":22l5bo0k said:
it will only switch two things and you'll need a stereo cable and a Send Return" cable (also known as a Insert Cable) I know it works because I used it on my renegade.(I switched channel and boost) This is the adapter I used with the stereo cable http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... le_to.html

this worked for me but, I used the same type pedal (latching) but not the same one you are looking at. Still yours looks fine and is cheap. You can buy it at MF (free shipping) and if it doesn't work reteurn it(only out return shipping)

Thanks for the reply and input!

Few questions though. Correct me if im wrong but im thinkin for what im wanting to do i wouldnt need the send/return cable.

From what i can tell the same footswitch input/output controls the Channel and the Main (Boost) channel. If i am looking at this right?

EgnaterRenegade-112RearPanel.jpg

One is switched on the Ring and one of the Tip. If I am just wanting to control the Channel and Boost, a standard balanced (TRS) cable going from the footswitch pedal to the Channel/Main footswitch input/output should do the trick right?

Does your 2 channel footswitch have 2 outputs on it and that is why you needed the send/return cable or did you actually plug into both of the footswitch outputs on the back of the head?

This footswitch just has 1 stereo (balanced) output on it.

Sorry, you are right, you don't need the send return cable. I sold my renegade and forgot the setup. so all you need is the stereo cable. I did what you are doing to save space and mount the pedal right to my pedalboard. The pedal you found is a great buy, I made my footswitch and I think it cost me more LOL. Good luck

So i decided to go with this footswitch.

http://www.switchdoctorswitches.com/com ... /Itemid,1/

From what i could tell it should work. When i plug it in it lights up but does not switch channels. If i move the cable around it seems to stutter back and forth. Im hoping its just a bad balanced cable. Do you think it has anything to do with the pedals LEDS being power by the amp? Should i have bought one that is powered by a 9V? Im going to try a new balanced cable. Anyone have any thoughts? I can add a pic of the inside of the switch if that would help...

it could be the led's, I went with a 9 volt battery when I made mine. The first one you found would have worked. The 9 volt battery last forever. lets see a picture. If egnater would give us the schematics, this stuff would be easy. :doh:

Here is a photo of the guts of the switch. Im hoping maybe they will exchange it for the same switch but one that is just 9volt powered if you think that is what the issue is.....

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    670.5 KB · Views: 1,167
leds are making it not work. you would have to seperate the led and the switching. You could use this switch but would have to use the other side of the foot switches and add a battery.
I would see if they would sen you the right one (with a battery) otherwise break out the soldering iron.

Thank you so much for your help man. I guess thats what i get for not sticking with my original plan and jsut buy the other switch. I sent them an email and hoping they will exchange it for the same switch that is 9v powered. If not i guess i could just add the 9volt. Im sure I can find a schematic somewhere on the correct connections. Thanks again!

no but all you need to do, is use the other side of the switch for your led and battery. The other side of the switch just turns on and off the power to the led. The resitor is needed to cut the power down so you don't burn out the led. It looks from your picture that you have enough wire on the black and red wires, to move them to the other side of the switch. leave the led on the side its at and just add a battery to the led side. leave the postive side of the battery conected to the led and switch the negative side of the battery on and off. I hope I'm explaining this so you understand.

Back